Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things are going really fast the last twenty four hours, i.e., after one month of the first 489 Z06's September 23rd being on "hold status," in the last 30 hours, many went to status 3100, now the first ones now getting TPW's. One tremendous advantage of the National Corvette Museum's Buyers Tour is that NCM, once a customer vehicle reaches status 3300, gets access to parts of BGAP's internal scheduling information.

Just learned that the TPW for "WRP SPD" will be November 10th, in fact it is scheduled start down the visible production line, what I will luckily be seeing, at 1:00 PM, Wednesday, November 12th, with its completion, "first start," and "first drive" scheduled to take place the following afternoon. Of course, also received the appropriate warning that "schedules are subject to change."

Fellow StingRay Forum member "LT4 Awesome"'s Buyers Tour starts the previous afternoon. And of course, we will meet for a "Bowling Green obligatory," an always-highly-satisfactory, celebratory meal at Rafferty's sometime during the adventure.

Many more TPW's will be forthcoming shortly. Not confirmed, but believed, that there might even be a few Z06 customer cars starting late the week of November 3rd.

·
Administrator
16,299 Posts
Holy cow John that IS really exciting. I am so happy for you! :cool:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Enjoy Rafferty's *AND* watching "WRP SPD" being built! The excitement has now got to be getting palpable! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Good for you guys! Yeah!

And all I can say is it is about darn time. I saw some (foreign orders and obviously test subjects) being built when I was there two weeks ago, so I wondered why the delay to regular production. I know I'm supposed to keep my lips zipped though, so I contained myself! If you think I'll get in trouble with the powers that be about this post, please delete it. LOL!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Great John. We'll just have to live vicariously through you till the A8s are released!

·
Registered
432 Posts
John,

Any news on the "300" folks who got the second allocation of Z06's?

(Please tell me you know of at least one above 3000 status!)

Congrats!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Woo Hoo!!!

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
This is great news John!

·
Registered
502 Posts
John,

Boy o boy do you deserve this. All of Dr. Z06's patients are celebrating tonight! Thanks for all you've done for us John.

Reactions: CHeckk6

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Others please chime in with better information, but so far from my knowledge, all those who have moved beyond 3000 status were from the first Z consensus.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great news John! I only know of the Chevy order tracking sight. How does one chat with a representative?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Please disregard my last post - found the chat tab at Chevy Order Tracking site! Will check at 9:00 AM EST!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am not sure if I was in the first consensus, but my order went to 3000 on 9/19 and as of 10/24 I am at 3100. If that helps.

10/28/2014 - status 3300, no TPW

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
John, you mentioned NCM has special information access for those who selected the buyer's tour. I did not. My order hit 3100 in the last 48 hours. Did a chat with CCC this morning and all they would say is "no target production week assigned". I asked if my order was still at 3100, but the rep disconnected.

Thoughts? Guess I could call my dealer.

Thanks to those who clarified the status sheet and potential for non-chronological order of events!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
A whole bunch of 3300's will move forward pretty soon, though we all know, remembering this is a brand new model and things are fluid, TPW's may not be coming forthwith, and, not unlikely that some Z06's will actually be produced which do not have a "publicly visible" TPW.

There are two different "info systems," the Work Bench system that is accessible to Chevy Chat, your dealer, to ChevroletCustomerCare tracking site on our forum, AND, a separate, internal to BGAP, much more detailed info system. The info in that BGAP software is not publicly visible/knowable, with the exception of once a Corvette reaches 3300 status, NCM Delivery and Buyers Tour staff (Lori and Shane) have access to the BGAP information -- but only for Museum Delivery and Buyers Tour cars. Doubt anyone outside of GM, except for NCM Delivery staff, will be able to access that BGAP info.

Know two things please. That as shown by Buyers Tour customers' shared schedules, that the latest customer Z06's are being assembled is November 11th (and could be several days or a week sooner than that), AND, GM gets paid only when the car has left the Plant, i.e., GM is highly motivated to produce and sell as many Z06's as fast as they can. Progress is being steadily made, and GM still remains ahead of their announced January 13th schedule.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
John, you mentioned NCM has special information access for those who selected the buyer's tour. I did not. My order hit 3100 in the last 48 hours. Did a chat with CCC this morning and all they would say is "no target production week assigned".
I too asked Chevy Chat and they responded that I do not have a TPW, in fact not at 3400, yet we know I have not only a target production week, but an actual day/time slot. Again, reinforcing that there are two status info systems, and that one's vehicle is sometimes ahead of what one learns by contacting Chevy Chat, your dealer, etc.

·
Registered
502 Posts
**NOTE** See update below, this info was later "corrected" by GM (don't know what happened) - but *NOT* at 3300 status on 10/25.***

I checked with GM chat this morning (Saturday 10/25) and was told my friend's order was at 3300 status (3000 yesterday) but they did not show a TPW. Also worth noting I believe the order is in the 2nd consensus of 300, as it only went to 2000 status on Monday.

So...I will confirm on Monday, but appears to be hope for the 2nd consensus cars moving forward as well.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Others please chime in with better information, but so far from my knowledge, all those who have moved beyond 3000 status were from the first Z consensus.
Still at 3000 and from the second consensus. :(.

I hope Monday is a better day...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts