Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a picture of what this plaque looks like up close and where exactly it is in the car? I like the idea of the personalization, but $200 seems high. I would like to see where it is mounted and how it looks.

·
18,670 Posts
Yes, pricey. If you get Museum Delivery, this plaque, modified with NCM logo (instead of GM "V" emblem) is included in the Museum Delivery price. Here you go:

·
Registered
48 Posts
GM just contacted me about my plaque. The are leaving out the word "for" on the plaque

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Gregg, the personalized plaque is very similar to the Museum delivery plaque. Here is a quick shot I just took of the one in RedHot, the primary difference is that the non-museum delivery plaque has the C7 flags and the Museum delivery plaque has the Museum logo. The size and placement are identical. It is subtle but I think a very nice addition to the interior. Car enthusiasts notice it shortly after they get over being wowed by the gorgeous job GM did on the C7 interior. By the way, while it may not be apparent from this quick shot, the plaque is actually very nicely attached and does not look like an after thought stick on in person. :cool:

plaque2.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you think it will affect the resale value of the vehicle to have the personalized plaque?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think so just remove it when you sell it.
I personally would not want someones name on a car I bought.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wouldn't want to buy a car with someone else's name on it :-/. GM should give you a 2nd generic plaque when you purchase the custom one. That way you can keep your customized one and put the generic one in when you're ready to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
No impact on the eventual resale value of your C7. The plaque can be changed out if and when you want to. Just contact your dealer. :cool:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the responses and photo's. Yes it is pricey, but I do like the look, especially of the Museum delivery one. I will definitely splurge on it, because I like the personalized touch. How far is Bowling Green from Lexington? It's about a 12 hour drive from Greenville to Lexington, but the museum delivery is starting to appeal to me. I wonder if they will still have it with the 2015's?

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Thanks for the responses and photo's. Yes it is pricey, but I do like the look, especially of the Museum delivery one. I will definitely splurge on it, because I like the personalized touch. How far is Bowling Green from Lexington? It's about a 12 hour drive from Greenville to Lexington, but the museum delivery is starting to appeal to me. I wonder if they will still have it with the 2015's?
I certainly like it as well. Bowling Green to Lexington is about 153 miles. Bowling Green is about 70 miles from Nashville fyi. The Museum delivery will almost certainly be an option with 2015s. :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just returned from museum delivery. Well worth the extra cost. The private tour of the assembly plant alone is worth the extra expense.
Walking into the museum,seeing your car and name on the the sign in front our your car brought tears to my eyes. Having a great guide (Jim) for the day was an added benefit. When your guide drives your car out of the museum, to the cheers of the "crowd" makes the trip worthwhile!. It was an experience of a lifetime!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Pretty sure they will keep the tour going, Its a attraction so.

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Just returned from museum delivery. Well worth the extra cost. The private tour of the assembly plant alone is worth the extra expense.
Walking into the museum,seeing your car and name on the the sign in front our your car brought tears to my eyes. Having a great guide (Jim) for the day was an added benefit. When your guide drives your car out of the museum, to the cheers of the "crowd" makes the trip worthwhile!. It was an experience of a lifetime!
Fantastic dr skier! So let's hear about your new car after you have had a chance to catch your breath :cool:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Give it some time someone will be selling these on the internet here and I'll bet cheaper as well. This way you'll have the stock factory one to put back on if you sell it.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
It is very disappointing to me that they dropped the word "FOR" on the first line. I was sold on doing this until I found out about that.

I am looking for other options now...

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Thank you, Redc7. But what I really had my heart set on was the following picture posted earlier by Elegant (of course, with my name instead of John Smith, and the correct VIN). Also, I found out we can only have 24 characters on the middle line, including spaces. I need 29.

If anyone knows how I can get the following (including the "FOR" on the first line, and allowing 29 characters on the middle line) please let me know!

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
It is very disappointing to me that they dropped the word "FOR" on the first line. I was sold on doing this until I found out about that.

I am looking for other options now...
Just have them engrave it with your new full name "for rdslon01" on the same line:cool:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts