Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just turned 2000 miles in my new Vette. Totally satisfied. I have had none of the associated problems that others have encountered. Total miles are about 50-50 town and highwat. Average mpg of 27.7. Top speed reached 125 (when wife was asleep).

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Welcome to the 2000 mile plus club :D mikagee! RedHot has been equally delightful and trouble free at 2200 miles :cool:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ha ha you're a rock star. Have you done any maintenance on it yet - oil change, etc?

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Ha ha you're a rock star. Have you done any maintenance on it yet - oil change, etc?
Not yet. Will be scheduling the oil and filter change shortly.:cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just turned 2000 miles in my new Vette. Totally satisfied. I have had none of the associated problems that others have encountered. Total miles are about 50-50 town and highwat. Average mpg of 27.7. Top speed reached 125 (when wife was asleep).
Wow 27.7 for the whole 2000 miles or maybe just last 25miles LoL.. Damn.. You have way more self control then me.. I was averaging 27mpg till I hit the break in of 500miles.. Now I am at 19mpg for the life of the car (2593miles) LoL :pound:

I did mine at 2,200 miles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
WOW 27 mpg great

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Took RedHot in for her oil and filter change today at 2500 miles. All was AOK. Also had nitrogen put in the tires. I know there is a lot of opinion on both sides as to the value of doing this but my personal experience is that it results in much slower air loss over time, slower rise or drop in air pressure due to ambient temperature change or high speed driving. I find it an advantage here is the desert. 'Have been doing it for about 15 or so years in all of my cars. Cumulative mpg has dropped from the initial 27.5 mpg over the first 1880 miles to 26 mpg for the 2500 miles. A clear reflection of much more city driving since I have gotten back combined with some, shall we say enthusiastic quick and possibly high speed runs...:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts