Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find a TON of "stick-on" vinyl and acrylic's that stick on with tape but I'd REALLY prefer actual replacements. Anyone know of a source? (and yes, I have searched here and other places)

Steve

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,225 Posts
You want to replace the reflectors with non-reflectors?

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,225 Posts
stevec, pm coming your way (that's a conversation here).

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headed out to dinner so probably won't see it until later. Nothing as of yet.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mean like these? View attachment 278022 the expensive ones from ACS Composite, if so. Most just get the precut window tint kits. Easy to do and has lasted years.
Yeah, but I screwed up. I actually got the side markers but I can't find the rear bumper reflectors. :( I could live with out 'em but....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, but I screwed up. I actually got the side markers but I can't find the rear bumper reflectors. :( I could live with out 'em but....
I see my link changed...maybe not allowed. There was a button option to order the rear reflectors only from them. Hope this helps.

[Mod comment: Yes, post was edited to remove link to a non-forum supporting vendor, and image substituted along with that vendor's name. Easy enough to Google. Per posting rules we want to support our vendors who pay to enable us to have this site at zero cost to members.]

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see my link changed...maybe not allowed. There was a button option to order the rear reflectors only from them. Hope this helps.
I did notice that - they want $150 just for the back, but I may spring for 'em - thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My local Tint guy covered mine for a butt load less than they want for the replacements over 3 years ago and they still look great. They retain the reflective properties too.
Now I NEVER thought of that! THANKS!! How long did he need it for?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Paint them for $20. You can go as light or dark as you want.

VHT SP999 Nite-Shades Lens Cover Tint Translucent Black Paint

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will check it out - thanks! But my "craft"/painting skills are seriously lacking. lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Will check it out - thanks! But my "craft"/painting skills are seriously lacking. lol
There is a clear coat to use over it as well. Do it layers at a time, a little sanding and clear coat. Here is an example. And there a re tons of other YouTube videos.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is a clear coat to use over it as well. Do it layers at a time, a little sanding and clear coat. Here is an example. And there a re tons of other YouTube videos.
THANKS! Will check it out when we get back from frigid northern GA! In the 40s at night!?!? BLECH!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
There are a bunch of options. However, one thing to consider is if you don’t like the way they look for any reason or a local LEO determines they are in violation of the VC, you can’t just peal off paint and go back to stock without buying new replacements. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are a bunch of options. However, one thing to consider is if you don’t like the way they look for any reason or a local LEO determines they are in violation of the VC, you can’t just peal off paint and go back to stock without buying new replacements. Just a thought.
LOL - hell - we don't even have inspections here in Fla. If it's running, has doors and lights and you've paid the State? Go for it... But point well taken with the paint. Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's not technically "Paint", and it comes off easily with brake cleaner.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts