Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought my first 2014 c7, its a 3LT from what im told from seller. Has npp exhaust and the hud, with sport touring modes ect; the seller didnt know about this since he was the second owner.

My problem is, i dont have heated or cooled seats. The passenger has the toggle controls but dont do anything, the driver controls on the middle dash has blank covers where the controls should be. The seats have that mesh sounding when you push on them like the mesh fan is in there. The dash looks like its been messed with. (The leather looks peeled near the windshield).

So im wondering how to go about getting my heated and cooled seats back? Do i need to replace the whole dash face?

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After further looking into it. My whole drivers dash is carbon fiber, so im assuming when they did that mod they didnt get it with heat/vented options. They must of deleted the heat cooled features for the carbon fiber dash ;(

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,100 Posts
I thought that 2LT and 3LT both have heated and cooling seats as does my 2LT and the Carbon Fiber Dash are part of those packages as well so I don't think that was a MOD unless they removed the Matte Carbon Fiber Dash and had it refinished in Gloss?

Don't know why a 3LT would have blanks as that should have all the bells and whistles....Hummm, you say dash looks messed/tapered with...something seems odd...my 2LT has cooling and heating, no blanks and works but maybe those two features weren't included automatically in the 3LT....

FE45D6ED-3BF7-497E-9A44-D1AFE19385F5.jpeg
3F97A773-84F9-4486-B57A-91F28AA86605.jpeg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, i didnt know the carbon fiber was part of the LT package. Its deff a matt carbon.

Okay so yeah strange, my driver center controls have blank plates where your heated vents are but my passenger side looks identical to yours except the heated vented buttons do absolutely nothing.

Weird
I looked for c7 hvac controls but found nothing. What you think would be a fix for this?

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,663 Posts
Kyle's right, 2 & 3 LT's have those seat heater and fan controls as depicted. Take a few photos and post here, maybe we can see something you don't or whatever........

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Picture is too small showing as is. Tried to edit in my file, made it larger, but came out too blurry, not enough pixels. Still can't determine what's there.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,100 Posts
See if this is better for you to see Norm..... It is weird that those are blanks and now I wonder if something happened to the DASH and the previous owner found a replacement that wasn't a 3LT. Poster did say "(The leather looks peeled near the windshield)" so might be the story.....

5CB3F275-838D-4550-BBE8-E3016FB96227.jpeg

dashhhhh.JPG

Picture is too small showing as is. Tried to edit in my file, made it larger, but came out too blurry, not enough pixels. Still can't determine what's there.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,100 Posts
I would say that the heating and cooling seats are overrated but still if you have a 3LT, you should have all the features in the event you sell down the line. That said, I would if possible ask the previous owner about the dash peeling and the blanks not that he would be compelled to be honest and transparent but something on the surface "seems" to be amidst and wasn't disclosed voluntarily.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah i already discuss this with him. He doesnt know and thought it was kinda odd, i believe only the original owner would know at this point.

What do you think would be the easiest way to fix this? I cant seem to find the main HVAC control unit to buy online with the heat/cool buttons. I may take apart the passenger heated cooled controls and see if there is a plug disconnected or check to see if there are fuses pulled as well.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
I see photo shows no 2 - 3 LT seat climate controls, looks like a 1LT package display.

Just to be clear here relative to the seats, the seats have a heat control system of wires that warms the seat. There is no cooling of anything that goes thru the seats, just a series of fans that pushes the ambient temps thru the seats. if it's cold in the cabin, that makes the seats feel cooler, that's all it is.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Yeah i already discuss this with him. He doesnt know and thought it was kinda odd, i believe only the original owner would know at this point.

What do you think would be the easiest way to fix this? I cant seem to find the main HVAC control unit to buy online with the heat/cool buttons. I may take apart the passenger heated cooled controls and see if there is a plug disconnected or check to see if there are fuses pulled as well.
I think to have the heated seats installed would be cost prohibited, plus installing controls, and maybe there is no internal control software at all available for that 1LT package.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I dont think its a 1LT package car. It has hud, the sport modes with npp exhaust. Frameless rear view mirror, memory seats ect. I will have to check, but i honestly believe the seats are wired up and ready to go. Plus it still has the passenger side heat cooled seat buttons that do nothing. Ill look into it..thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Only conclusion I see if that is not a 1LT interior package, then that area of the climate controls have been messed with or replaced. Have you tried to remove that part of the dash and investigate? Most likely not an easy job, I know I wouldn't. Good luck on your mission.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
You might be able to figure more out if you took a picture of the service parts label on the floor in the trunk under the carpet trim and post it here. That has a list of all the RPO codes for the car when it was built.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Okay, I looked it up and both on my 2016 as well as what was still being used on general 2019s was KQV for the RPO code for heated and cooled seats. I think there is a very high chance that was also the RPO code for the 2014s for heated and cooled seats. If that code is listed on your service parts ID plaque, then you should have heated and cooled seats. If not, then the car wasn't built with it. Oh, another code on the plaque will tell you what trim level the car was built with.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts