Stingray Corvette Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Okay thanks a ton! That will help alot! Qnd tgats the plaque under the rear trunks carpet?
Yeah, it is slightly right of center on mine, and you have to pull the carpet quite a ways back to get to it. Be careful to not rip the corners of the carpet getting it loose. The passenger's wheel well can be really tight, and if you aren't careful about how you work it out, it can rip.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Wow thanks! That may be helpfull. Im thinking tho....the HVAC assembly comes all one peice with the whole dash assembly. I dont think i want to attemp a full dash install on my newly purchased vette.

This might help!

Wow thanks! That may be helpfull. Im thinking tho....the HVAC assembly comes all one peice with the whole dash assembly. I dont think i want to attemp a full dash install on my newly purchased vette.

Welcome to our forum Dulvalius. Sounds like when the dash was modified, they may have swapped out the seats and not put in seats with the respective wiring/heating elements/fans.

The 5th digit of your VIN will identify what trim your car was built with. I’d look at that first, before you start pulling up carpet. Anything as a 2LT or 3LT should have the heated and vented seats. One other note - the carbon fiber dash was an option in every trim. Not standard in any year I believe.

Reactions: kgrant (Kyle)
Ok, i didnt know the carbon fiber was part of the LT package. Its deff a matt carbon.

Okay so yeah strange, my driver center controls have blank plates where your heated vents are but my passenger side looks identical to yours except the heated vented buttons do absolutely nothing.

Weird
I looked for c7 hvac controls but found nothing. What you think would be a fix for this?
I have an LT3 2014 Z51 Convertible and it did not come with carbon fiber anything on the dash. I do have the heating and cooling features for both the driver side and passenger side seats. They work quite nicely.

A little late to the party but wanted to basically confirm what has been said. I have a 2014 3LT Stingray. Heated/cooled seats/HUD and a few other things are part of the 3LT package. I also have the carbon fiber dash surround. It was not standard with the package but an option. The carbon fiber surround should have no bearing on the climate control panel. My control panel looks just like every other 3LT. There should also be controls on the passenger side vent nearest the door as shown in Kyle's pix. As said, the controls on the left side of the vent are for temperature (blue and red arrows). The controls on the right side of the vent control the heated/cooled seats (basically redundant of the controls on the center panel. The 5th digit of my VIN is "F" Again, most of this has been said, but since I have a 2014 3LT I thought I would offer the info.

Not sure about this, but you may want to pull a seat. You should then be able to see if the wiring is there. All the best with this, Ed

So i bought my first 2014 c7, its a 3LT from what im told from seller. Has npp exhaust and the hud, with sport touring modes ect; the seller didnt know about this since he was the second owner.

My problem is, i dont have heated or cooled seats. The passenger has the toggle controls but dont do anything, the driver controls on the middle dash has blank covers where the controls should be. The seats have that mesh sounding when you push on them like the mesh fan is in there. The dash looks like its been messed with. (The leather looks peeled near the windshield).

So im wondering how to go about getting my heated and cooled seats back? Do i need to replace the whole dash face?

What do you guys think?

U might start with this email address:

socialmedia@gm.com
I was trying to find the build date of
my 2014 corvette
Vin#:

and u should get answer with
build info: date, model/options
etc......

may be a good place to start and
then narrow down any problems
from there
cdtexas

Here some that i got....not at home atm but you can get the idea
So i bought my first 2014 c7, its a 3LT from what im told from seller. Has npp exhaust and the hud, with sport touring modes ect; the seller didnt know about this since he was the second owner.

My problem is, i dont have heated or cooled seats. The passenger has the toggle controls but dont do anything, the driver controls on the middle dash has blank covers where the controls should be. The seats have that mesh sounding when you push on them like the mesh fan is in there. The dash looks like its been messed with. (The leather looks peeled near the windshield).

So im wondering how to go about getting my heated and cooled seats back? Do i need to replace the whole dash face?

What do you guys think?
The easiest way to confirm your trim level is to go to CARFAX and put in your VIN. You will get the answer like the one below without having to buy the report. That will at least tell you what you should have. You can also contact the Corvette Museum and get the 'build sheet' for your car for $50 ($40 in you are a member). This is probably the best way to know what your car should have. ~~Build Sheets & Window Stickers – National Corvette Museum

Hope that helps.

Did anybody consider that a prior owner damaged the heated seat by spilling a beverage on the seat or something and swapped out the buttons with blanks so it wouldn’t be obvious there is a non working option to Somebody less knowledge about corvette options?

Did anybody consider that a prior owner damaged the heated seat by spilling a beverage on the seat or something and swapped out the buttons with blanks so it wouldn’t be obvious there is a non working option to Somebody less knowledge about corvette options?
Welcome to our forum Korey! :cool:

Reactions: kgrant (Kyle)
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.