Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
General question from a newbie. How do I know if a 2014 C7 2Lt is compatible with Android Auto? The icon is not in the infotainment system and my phone has the latest Android Auto loaded. Do I need to update the Infotainment software in order to get compatibility with Android Auto? I can't seem to find the information anywhere. BTW.... I went to the Chevy website for Android Auto and it's as clear as MUD.

Thanks....long time dream to own a Vette.....finally have one...WOOHOO!!
Curtis

*** UPDATE - I found a video from infotainment.com which explains that in order to have the Apple play and Android auto the system needs to be upgraded. So......I'm not compatible, but I'm also ok with that.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
The 2014 and 2015 C7s do not come with the hardware to have compatibility with Android Auto. The 2016s and newer have the hardware, but most 2016 C7 builds also need a software update to work.

To get it to work on a 2014 or 2015 you would have to take it apart and change out hardware ($).

Reactions: ckrouse

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I guess the map update is far cheaper than the hardware upgrade. It's hard weeding through what is applicable to each model and year. Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Thank you. I guess the map update is far cheaper than the hardware upgrade. It's hard weeding through what is applicable to each model and year. Thanks again for the help!
The software update for my 2016 enabling android auto was free, but I was still under warranty when I had the work done. I am not sure if other 2016s now have to pay or not.

Yeah, a hardware update for 2014s or 2015s would cost $$$.

Reactions: ckrouse
1 - 4 of 4 Posts