Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone else has experienced the passenger door bezel making intermittent squeaks? Took mine to the dealer and they replaced the bezel but its still making some small noises (just turn up the music to drown it out)....Also the mechanic mentioned that another Corvette came in with the central dash AC vent rattling....Just would like to know if this is a systemic issue or what?

Took delivery about a month ago and have 1,500 miles on the car....

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am having this issue as well. I know this is an old thread, but I did a search for "Stingray ac vent rattle" and this thread came up. Has anyone found a remedy for this center a/c vent rattle? Mine will stop rattling if I hold it still, or if I point the vent all the way to one side or the other. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Worked with the squeak and rattle engineer here at the Proving Grounds to fix my '15. It's the chrome "chicklet" in the middle of the slider that causes the rattle. Fix is to remove it and stick a 1mm X 1mm X 1mm cube of foam in the latch for it to keep it firmly locked in place.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
What "door bezel" are you referring to? Other's have reported the dash ven problem, but I have no idea what you mean by door bezel.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
PHOTO would be nice to avoid these questions, I am interested in-case mine starts making noise also?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts