Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new C7 owner, I am curious to know how much below MSRP were C7’s selling for when they were brand-spanking new. This probably falls under the category of do I really want to know. I know that current prices are high. As far as I can tell, my Z51 3LT convertible listed at $78,500 when new and dealer cost was ~$69k.
Thoughts?

·
Administrator
16,914 Posts
There were normally no discounts off of MSRP of any type during the introduction of the C7 and of course, just like with the C8, a number of dealers who asked for significant market adjustments added to MSRP. That said, just as you can order and purchase a C8 from our vendor dealers at MSRP, the same was true for the C7.

·
Administrator
16,914 Posts
Vendor dealers? Who would they be? And how does one go about working with one?
Please see our front/landing page Stingray Corvette Forum and scroll down to StingrayForums.com Supporting Dealerships. Let them know that you are with SRF.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I bought a new but demo 2016 Stingray when the rush was over. That is, the market had moved on to Grand Sports and Z06s. I paid 15k below sticker and the car had about 1,200 miles on it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
As a new C7 owner, I am curious to know how much below MSRP were C7’s selling for when they were brand-spanking new. This probably falls under the category of do I really want to know. I know that current prices are high. As far as I can tell, my Z51 3LT convertible listed at $78,500 when new and dealer cost was ~$69k.
Thoughts?
My C7 LT3 coupe #505 produced Limerock Green Kalahari interior was little over$61k in Rochester NY. It has 18k on it and I’ve replaced the battery this year and the hydraulic belt stabilizer. Lately the Infotainment screen is bouncing around and will need replacement. Bought a BB warranty that will take care of this as it is a $ fix. Terrific car and a head turner!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Thoughts?
I I ordered a new 1lt coupe in March of 2014, the dealer gave me a supplier price I saved about $5,000 off MSRP. I paid $52,000 the MSRP was just under $57,000

Attachments

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes there were discounts. I got mine for $2,000 under MSRP because I opted for a non-Z51 2LT coupe. The Z51s were selling at MSRP however there was constraints on some parts at the time so many like me opted for the base configuration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thoughts?
We purchased a 2014 C7 in the winter of 2013 from a dealer in Imdianapolis, IN. At that time, there were more dealers selling them for over msrp, but not by as much as we see today with the C8. I suspect there is a bit of a covid factor, coupled with inflation, making everything more expensive, probably more so with each passing day. I seem to recall pricing being $5-$10k over msrp in 2013. I remember feeling fortunate to have bought the car at msrp and being able to order it. Hope this helps with your question.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's still possible to pay fair prices if you put in the effort. People crying about prices going up seem to have never bought a house. Be glad you have a good investment. I've owned 62's, 63. 64. & 75 (except the 75 all sold 10X original cost ) July bought a 2018 Z51 / 2Lt w/ $9k add options 9,400k miles Pristine / paid 23% below MSRP. More than I wanted to pay but we want what we want :) Personally. I hope C8 prices stay high, it will help with previous model values.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thoughts?
In Nov 2013 I ordered a C-7 coup, Z51 w/performance exhaust 2LT and a couple other minor options. I took delivery in late July 2014 and paid slightly under $60K.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts