Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you got a shot of the new Corvette Stingray looking a little worse for the wear, post it up here.

This was the first stingray crash "on public roads." This hit the internets at the beginning of the year car of an email from a friend of a friend of a friend (Who knows...) With the description of:
Emailer said:
"Driving through some mountains in Arizona about 30 minutes ago. In some tight switchbacks when we passed this '14 Vette. Cop had just arrived. Car is in worse shape than looks. Hit guardrail on left and bounced back to rocks."
Followed by the info released from GM.

GM Statement said:
"We can confirm that during routine testing, a Stingray was involved in a one-car accident. During evaluation, the car's inside tire caught the edge of the pavement during a tight corner, leading to the accident. Thankfully, no one was hurt, the car received only minor damage, and no citations were issued."

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Robert Wantin sent this picture to AutoWeek that posted it TODAY!

This was the first multi car crash of the new car. This took place in Michigan in a heavy Stingray traffic area as it is close to the testing facilities. Looks to me like the Towncar jumped the gun a little and got the side of the Stingray. I was unable to find any other photos of the damage, so we will have to use our imaginations, or maybe someone else's Google is more powerful than mine.

You guys got any photos? Keep your eyes peeled!

Edit: Found em on the Corvette Blogger.

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
I was surprised (pleasantly) to see the relatively little damage to the C7 as compared to the front of the Towncar and considering the weight of the Towncar. The rain soaked street may have mitigated the extent of the damage to the C7 by allowing it to be more easily pushed from its lane to the resting spot. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts