Stingray Corvette Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is why it is important to get your vehicle detailed by a pro. This vehicle has 100 miles on it and was purchased last week. The dealership did their "platinum" detail on it. They ended up scratching the vehicle, leaving glue from the shipping wrap which ended up catching dirty in it. Finally they use silicone based tire dressing that was slung all over the side of the vehicle.

For this vehicle we ended up having to degrease the whole thing to remove all the silicone. Then we proceeded to wash and clay the vehicle. After examining the paint is was not in to bad of shape so we polished it and topped it with a new paint sealant.

Products Used:
Shine Supply APC
Shine Supply Hot Shot Soap
Meguiars Fine Clay
Shine Supply Classic Polishing
Shine Supply Daddy O
Shine Supply Hyper Dressing
Rupes 15mm DA
Lake County Flat White Pad
Lake Country Flat Blue Pad

Before:

After:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tell me why exactly you posted on this forum. I could care less about issues with non Corvette dealers, or people hyping their product or services that are not directly Corvette related by any strech of imagination. I will not use, nor will I ever recommend any service or product mentioned here. You have not mentioned anything new or relevant. BTW I am a Zaino customer done by me and no one else on all of my Corvettes.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
I think he was showing what a great job he can do to fix paint problems, just like he could do on a Corvette. But I do agree with you that he picked an ugly, ugly car as the example. I think I need to go take a shower and brush my teeth several times. Lexus? Yuck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
FWIW, the Lexus GS350 is a great car. I have a 2013 F Sport and absolutely love it. Much better than the E350 Mercedes I traded in on it. Of course I like my 2014 Vette better, lol but they are entirely different vehicles. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we would all be better off if there was less hating going on. Now back to your originally scheduled program, lol.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Tell me why exactly you posted on this forum. I could care less about issues with non Corvette dealers, or people hyping their product or services that are not directly Corvette related by any strech of imagination. I will not use, nor will I ever recommend any service or product mentioned here. You have not mentioned anything new or relevant. BTW I am a Zaino customer done by me and no one else on all of my Corvettes. Sent from my SCH-I915 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
I think he was showing what a great job he can do to fix paint problems, just like he could do on a Corvette. But I do agree with you that he picked an ugly, ugly car as the example. I think I need to go take a shower and brush my teeth several times. Lexus? Yuck!

I would add that he is a supporting vendor on this forum which means because of people like him we have a place to come together on the internet.

Now of course there are other forums on the internet which almost talk about corvettes but it's mostly little boys picking on each other. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell me why exactly you posted on this forum. I could care less about issues with non Corvette dealers, or people hyping their product or services that are not directly Corvette related by any strech of imagination. I will not use, nor will I ever recommend any service or product mentioned here. You have not mentioned anything new or relevant. BTW I am a Zaino customer done by me and no one else on all of my Corvettes.

The purpose of this was not to put the Lexus on blast but to show you what poor quality detailing can do to your vehicle. Also I have worked on everything from hondas to bugattis and everything in between. I was show casing my ability to remove defects from the vehicle. I post the products list because alot like to know what products were used on the car so instead of answering the question multiple times I put it in the post.

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
Shawn, you did an amazing job! It just happened to be on a car that I personally would not drive (or feel safe riding in) even if someone gave it to me for free. A family member of mine had a bad experience with the Lexus corporate goons on recall work, and I could not resist taking a swing at them. That is all.

Thank you for supporting the forum, and also thank you for thoughtfully posting the products which you used!

If I lived in FL, I would definitely call you up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The purpose of this was not to put the Lexus on blast but to show you what poor quality detailing can do to your vehicle. Also I have worked on everything from hondas to bugattis and everything in between. I was show casing my ability to remove defects from the vehicle. I post the products list because alot like to know what products were used on the car so instead of answering the question multiple times I put it in the post.
OK in retro spect I did come off as less human. Sorry, for that. Now then if you read this forum, there are numerous complaints about orange peel and other issues with Corvette paint. If you were to come up with solutions to those issues you would get people's attention. Mine included. Orange peel is a common problem and has been for at least the past 3/4 generations of Corvettes, including the C7. Personally short of hugely expensive and non-stock after market paint jobs, many rounds of overlapping Zaino treatments is the best I have found to hide the issue. Note I did not say fix it, I said hide it. So what ever Sal puts in his product is not the answer, but it is on the right track - I think. I'm no Chemist, but there is merit to working with the treatment and the clear coat I think. Talking to paint folks you will get varying opinions - but I believe the answer lies somewhere in between.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK in retro spect I did come off as less human. Sorry, for that. Now then if you read this forum, there are numerous complaints about orange peel and other issues with Corvette paint. If you were to come up with solutions to those issues you would get people's attention. Mine included. Orange peel is a common problem and has been for at least the past 3/4 generations of Corvettes, including the C7. Personally short of hugely expensive and non-stock after market paint jobs, many rounds of overlapping Zaino treatments is the best I have found to hide the issue. Note I did not say fix it, I said hide it. So what ever Sal puts in his product is not the answer, but it is on the right track - I think. I'm no Chemist, but there is merit to working with the treatment and the clear coat I think. Talking to paint folks you will get varying opinions - but I believe the answer lies somewhere in between.

Stsy tuned for a right up. I will be working on Lashways C7 and a C6 for them. I will do a full right up on both.

Shawn, you did an amazing job! It just happened to be on a car that I personally would not drive (or feel safe riding in) even if someone gave it to me for free. A family member of mine had a bad experience with the Lexus corporate goons on recall work, and I could not resist taking a swing at them. That is all.

Thank you for supporting the forum, and also thank you for thoughtfully posting the products which you used!

If I lived in FL, I would definitely call you up.
thank you fir the kind words it means alot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.