Stingray Corvette Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
@Blck Ray: the issues you had/having with the 7spd. MT are the subject of a TSB. My car did the same and sometimes popped out of gear. Tech adjusted the linkage and all is fine now. Rear end issue may have been due to a low tranny oil fill from the factory. Also a TSB.Info screen issue seemed to be built into every ‘14.Reflash needed. Mine was covered by the warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought my 2014 used, and was disappointed that I had to have the idler pulley replaced within several months. Also, had to fix a buzzing sound in the door. Your post makes me feel guilty even mentioning my 2 problems!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Took delivery of my Blade Silver 3LT Z51 on April 10, 2014. As the wheels were black I negotiated with the dealer for chrome. They agreed and my brand new C7 went up on a lift for one month at the dealership while the black wheels went to California for chrome plating. In the early days of the C7 generation there were a lot of people clamoring to get a look at it, not so much now that they are much more common. As for problems there have only been two. The first was the filler neck recall which caused the second issue which was the left gas tank fume leak. After the filler neck was replaced I started to smell gas fumes when it was sitting in the garage. After the left gas tank was replaced there were no more gas fumes. In early 2015 I installed Billy Boat Long Tube Headers, X pipe with High Flow Cats (2 not 4) and the Fusion axle back muffler section with the NPP valves. I sounds awesome! In 2018 I went to the dealer to trade it in for a C7 GS but when they told me that I could give them my perfect 4,600 mile 3LT Z51 plus $35,000 for 1LT GS I decided to convert mine to a GS. So it was time to hack the C7 base aperture panels off and install the Z06 aperture panels, rear quarter panels and rear upper bumper fascia. I made mine into a GS and saved $26,000. Current mileage = 7,245 In 2014 I went to the Corvette factory tour in Bowling Green where I saw Americans building the then new C7's while listening to classic rock under a large banner that said "Building Dreams". There is no other product that screams Vett B-W.jpg Vette Continuum.jpg America like the Corvette.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@Blck Ray: the issues you had/having with the 7spd. MT are the subject of a TSB. My car did the same and sometimes popped out of gear. Tech adjusted the linkage and all is fine now. Rear end issue may have been due to a low tranny oil fill from the factory. Also a TSB.Info screen issue seemed to be built into every ‘14.Reflash needed. Mine was covered by the warranty.
I will take it in and see what they say. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a premier edition coupe. im the second owner but the original owner is a close friend and hardly drove it. he owned it for four years and only put 8500 miles on it. it now has 15k miles and have had a few issues. it’s my 7th vette so i’m no stranger to the vagaries of being a vette owner. when i got the car, i went ahead and changed all the fluids including tranny, rear diff, coolant, oil etc. also replaced the battery. had to replace the master and slave cylinder because of fungus in the fluid. yep, you read that right! cost me $4200 and my gm extended warranty refused to cover it because of contaminated fluid. how it got contaminated is beyond me. the manual says the fluid should be changed every 30k or three years. i’ve had 5 other manual vettes and never changed the fluid in any of them and never had a lick of clutch trouble with any of them. had to change the two front tires at 12k miles as the inner area of both were worn down to the chord. obviously the alignment was off. the original owner had the car lowered by 2 inches when he got it. not sure if that had anything to do with it. the rear camera went bad and had to be replaced. gm did cover that. now the rear deck lid won’t kick up enough to get a finger under it to lift it up. i’ve traced it to a misaligned rear deck lid causing it to rub slightly on the lower right hand corner with the rear deck. that friction is enough to keep it from kicking up. it barely moves. if i grease that corner, it solves the problem but is a temporary fix. after a couple weeks it no longer helps and i have to re grease. if i could just move the lid by a 16th, it would stop rubbing but i have not been able to find out how to do that. if anyone knows, i’m all ears. no other issues to date.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got my 2014 off the showroom floor in Aug 2014. The only thing I would have addd if I had ordered it would have been the performance exhaust.At the following years bash at the NCM I had a Corsa sport exhaust installed cat back with xpipe. Great deal along with CORSA doing the install FREE! I love the note and the pop it gives.I also installed a stealthy STiR radar detector along with an ALP laser defense system. Those have saved me several times from the speed tax revenuers and numerous speed traps.
I have a little over 26K miles I have replaced the original tires with Michelin All season tires. I did purchase an extended warranty from Fitchner(sp?). Other then regular oil changes nothing has required service. Best vehicle I have ever owned.
My future plan is to consider the early C8 if it’s within my budget.

2529F526-4C1A-4EA2-895D-895AB1891AE7.jpeg

As seen on the showroom floor. Love at first sight.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I got my 2014 off the showroom floor in Aug 2014. The only thing I would have addd if I had ordered it would have been the performance exhaust.At the following years bash at the NCM I had a Corsa sport exhaust installed cat back with xpipe. Great deal along with CORSA doing the install FREE! I love the note and the pop it gives.I also installed a stealthy STiR radar detector along with an ALP laser defense system. Those have saved me several times from the speed tax revenuers and numerous speed traps.
I have a little over 26K miles I have replaced the original tires with Michelin All season tires. I did purchase an extended warranty from Fitchner(sp?). Other then regular oil changes nothing has required service. Best vehicle I have ever owned.
My future plan is to consider the early C8 if it’s within my budget.

View attachment 269366

As seen on the showroom floor. Love at first sight.
V1 VR it looks great. I almost did a deal on a Laguna Blue but they wouldn't go where I wanted them to go. The funny thing is that the Blade Silver came along a week later at a price I could not walk away from.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine is about 5 and a half-years old- just turned 14,000 miles. No problems to speak of. Changed the battery at 36 months - just my way of avoiding problems. The only slight issue I've had was I got a "Transmission Overheat" warning on the MFD while sitting in traffic a while back. Took her to the dealer for diagnostics and they could not find any indication of an issue in the system. Guess it was a glitch. I liked my C6, but LOVE the C7. I am toying with buying a C8 and have three of my friends 'bidding' on the LRG C7 already.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I bought my 2014 C7 new.Added SC,ARH,b&B mufflers.4.10 rear.It has an M7. With the rear I start off in 2nd.This is definitely the best car I ever owned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I replaced mine with OEM tires at around 26,000, if I recall correctly.

I've got a bit over 36,000 miles on the car now.

The car's been a real pleasure. The only issues were a warranty battery replacement at about 3 months and then the fuel filler neck recall (they had to drop my gas tank). Also, after that repair, the tech forgot an electrical connector during assembly and I couldn't open my trunk, so back to the dealership once more.

Otherwise, no problems, just smiles.
Just purchased my 2014 LRG, Z51 Vert about 2 months ago. West coast car. It had a little less than 18,000 miles on it but the insides of both front ZPs were worn down to the wear bars. Wouldn’t pass Massachusetts inspection so I put on a set of Michelin SS A/S 3+ non run flats. I didn’t have much to compare them to as I only drove on the originals for the test drive before purchase. From the tire condition, the car might have been driven somewhat hard but there was no evidence of abuse. So far it’s been great and and is very tight. The build quality of the 2014 I never much thought about until I read the previous posts. Good to no. The build number is 32385 so it was way along in the model production year so I’m hoping any issue early in the production run may have been addressed early on. So far I’m loving it. A few possible changes down the road will be new brake pads, HATE the brake dust. Update the Z51 with mag ride software ($350 through GM) as it’s suppose to help on the bumpy roads here on Cape Cod and eventually go from black wheels to Chrome.

Things I did do after getting the car: New tires, had memory issues with dash display on trip resets, the outside temp just showed two lines. This was resolved by replacing the original battery ie., computer reboot on start up. That was a nasty job. Replace the cabin air filter and will be replacing the engine air filter so I have a base milage -point for these items. Also, the flickering info center issue worries me. I haven’t seen it happening but if it does I’m assuming it’s a big buck item to replace. Can anyone give me a ball park cost for an extended GM warranty that would cover a repair of this nature?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Just purchased my 2014 LRG, Z51 Vert about 2 months ago. West coast car. It had a little less than 18,000 miles on it but the insides of both front ZPs were worn down to the wear bars. Wouldn’t pass Massachusetts inspection so I put on a set of Michelin SS A/S 3+ non run flats. I didn’t have much to compare them to as I only drove on the originals for the test drive before purchase. From the tire condition, the car might have been driven somewhat hard but there was no evidence of abuse. So far it’s been great and and is very tight. The build quality of the 2014 I never much thought about until I read the previous posts. Good to no. The build number is 32385 so it was way along in the model production year so I’m hoping any issue early in the production run may have been addressed early on. So far I’m loving it. A few possible changes down the road will be new brake pads, HATE the brake dust. Update the Z51 with mag ride software ($350 through GM) as it’s suppose to help on the bumpy roads here on Cape Cod and eventually go from black wheels to Chrome.

Things I did do after getting the car: New tires, had memory issues with dash display on trip resets, the outside temp just showed two lines. This was resolved by replacing the original battery ie., computer reboot on start up. That was a nasty job. Replace the cabin air filter and will be replacing the engine air filter so I have a base milage -point for these items. Also, the flickering info center issue worries me. I haven’t seen it happening but if it does I’m assuming it’s a big buck item to replace. Can anyone give me a ball park cost for an extended GM warranty that would cover a repair of this nature?
These cars have an aggressive alignment and will wear out the insides of the front tires prematurely. If you are not doing any track use, you may want to consider a street alignment. It will add 15k miles to your tire wear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I will take it in and see what they say. Thank you
WELP, finally got frustrated. I am leaving the C7 Stingray world.
I have decided to fix my problems by moving on.

Went to 2019 Z06 World Instead :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
2019-06-16 14.24.16.jpg , 2019-06-16 13.15.35.jpg

·
Administrator
14,879 Posts
BlckRay you got me! :) Nice surprise as I scrolled down to see you new beauty Z06! Well done. :cool:

·
Administrator
14,879 Posts
BlckRay, Send me a PM with the new screen name you would like and we'll change it so you keep your history.

Update Note: Screen name is changed per your request from BlckRay to lelzie.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
32 Participants
jsvette
Stingray Corvette Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to the 7th Gen Corvette Stingray. Come join the discussion on performance modifications, accessories, purchasing, maintenance and more!
Full Forum Listing