Stingray Corvette Forum banner

2014 Premier - Exhaust tip buildup?

4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  CrystalC7 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Premier C7 with about 4k miles on it. It has the Performance Multi-Mode Exhaust System on it that I usually have in Sport mode. Standard tranny obviously. I ONLY run Mobil 93 Octane.

On the two outer exhaust tips I get a black build up over time that LOOKS like carbon. Anyone else have this? Normal or is something amiss?

#6 ·
The exhaust is routed only to the outer two pipes during start-up and cold engine temperatures. That is what results in the normal appearance of carbon build-up. If you stay on top of it, it actually is very easy to remove. Every time I pull RedHot back into her garage, I wipe the pipes with a microfiber after a quick burst of Spray Way glass cleaner (from Costco). They still look like new after 7 years!

#14 ·
I have a 2014 Premier C7 with about 4k miles on it. It has the Performance Multi-Mode Exhaust System on it that I usually have in Sport mode. Standard tranny obviously. I ONLY run Mobil 93 Octane.

On the two outer exhaust tips I get a black build up over time that LOOKS like carbon. Anyone else have this? Normal or is something amiss?
Everything you need on this subject. I am second owner at 10,000 miles and they were filthy.
(4) Dirty Exhaust Tips | Stingray Corvette Forum (stingrayforums.com)

Reactions: stevec
#18 ·

I use coke and reynolds wrap. It cleans the exhaust pipes perfectly. Pour little coke on wrap and clean.. Than I use a polish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.