Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to order new vette stuck on trans. manual or auto. Would like to hear from some auto. owners what they think? Thank you

·
Registered
463 Posts
I drive in city, with traffic quite a bit. Auto was best for me, plus you have the paddle shifters if you want to switch it up a bit.

·
Administrator
16,285 Posts
The automatic is fantastic and yes you can spin easily from a full stop, chirp through the gears etc. I typically use the paddles every time I have RedHot out for some of my driving. They provide you immediate control sans the third peddle for twisties, deceleration or just your audible entertainment :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
depending on where you live and how and when you use your car may help you decide. I have always driven a stick, but now find my needs and wants have changed. My new car was ordered with automatic and I'm not looking back. I know the benefits of both and made my decision on my current needs. You should do the same. Good luck and don't look back. jmc
There was a time when i thought that the ONLY way to own a vette was with a stick, however the times are a changing .

·
Registered
922 Posts
7spd stick and Z51 for the track. Auto for drag race.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
My wife asked me this morning as she was getting ready for work, "So, what is the news on the Corvette?" I said, "Oh, I am trying to nail down if the price protection still applies if I switch the order from a manual transmission to automatic."

Her next words gushed from her like a little, spoiled teenage girl, "WHAT?! I THOUGHT YOU HAD ALREADY DONE THAT! WHAT IF I NEED TO DRIVE IT? You know... I mean, in an emergency or something, you know."

Haha, that girl is a barrel of laughs. She never will admit that she will want to drive it. Actually, the funny thing (which I haven't told her yet) is I don't mind if she does drive it.

Reactions: stanton

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
A Corvette with an automatic transmission is an over-powered two-seater sedan! :D
Just a note on this thread. The last one of these on this topic we had was closed because folks could not find any common ground and a few felt that their opinion had more merit than others. It's fine to state your opinion, but understand that there might / will be a difference of opinion. Just agree to disagree if you would, and move on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Words of Wisdom Chip.Based on the comments I have received in my personal experience (outside the forum), I have found it intriguing how the two camps view the issue. One group seems to accept the validity of both potential choices but expresses a specific preference. The other, (again, just in my experience alone in the comments I have personally received , and not in this forum or thread) often tends to view that there is only one valid choice. I guess its all good so long as we Stingray enthusiasts are enjoying, ourselves regardless.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I agree completely. Also, I am completely turned off by the fact that the automatic in the c7 is the same one from the c6. This is supposed to be an all new car, so you would think that the auto tranny would be also. In a car like this, that auto tranny should be just like a Ferrari tranny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
question was never answerd with someone that owns a auto that tried to do burn out with out useing brake that would suck to have to do a break rev with all that hp

·
Registered
366 Posts
I agree completely. Also, I am completely turned off by the fact that the automatic in the c7 is the same one from the c6. This is supposed to be an all new car, so you would think that the auto tranny would be also. In a car like this, that auto tranny should be just like a Ferrari tranny
I am pretty sure the C7 auto is NOT the same as the C6.

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

·
Registered
366 Posts
question was never answerd with someone that owns a auto that tried to do burn out with out useing brake that would suck to have to do a break rev with all that hp
Actually, Jsvette clarified you can spin the tires from a stop and chirp them in multiple gears with the paddles.

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

1 - 20 of 31 Posts