Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
16,914 Posts
A number of 2014 C7s had the entire nav system replaced (it was basically the same unit that was in Cadillac XTS which also had issues).

·
Registered
2014 Z51
53 Posts
My radio display on 2015 Corvette Stingray has gone out. My dealer says part on backorder with no eta. Any one else with this issue?

thanks
Allan
My display screen goes black intermittently. Irritating as hell. Mine is a 2014 Z51 with 46K miles. I’m leery about having my dealer attempt to “fix” the problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for sharing your experience. Did you have to wait long to get the replacement. My dealer cant give me an ETA>
I have one for sale. I have a 2014 that had the issue and had one replaced. Then I spilled some water on my dash and the unit went out and I got another one but then it started working again so I still have the replacement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My radio display on 2015 Corvette Stingray has gone out. My dealer says part on backorder with no eta. Any one else with this issue?

thanks
Allan
I had that issue. I have a 2015. The entire screen went out. They replaced a chip/board in the back under the carpeted area. He said there is a huge board with several chips there. Covered under warranty and has worked great since. I hope you get yours fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one for sale. I have a 2014 that had the issue and had one replaced. Then I spilled some water on my dash and the unit went out and I got another one but then it started working again so I still have the replacement.
What is the part# and how much are you asking for it? Thank you Allan

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the part# and how much are you asking for it? Thank you Allan
The one I have is part number 23427516. Also...what research I have done on these it seems there may be a wire that get crimps when the display goes up and down. So some time your screen may work...sometimes is flickers and sometimes it does nothing. I also know Bosch used this display on multiple Chevrolet models and there are many on Ebay. I want $150 for this one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I replaced the cable that I bought from Amazon on my 2015 Z51 when it went blank for $7.00. It took about 9 hours of labor to get the infotainment module out of the dash as I had to take apart the console, the drivers rocker panel, remove the dash, disconnect all the switches, many trim pieces around the dash and a lot of screws. Had to remove the bezel around the screen to be able to unplug the bad cable and to install the new cable. Followed many you tube videos on dash removal and on removing the module itself, but after I put it all back together it has worked perfectly for the past two years. I just don't use the UP/Down screen anymore and have just forgotten about the cubby hole behind the screen.

·
Premium Member
2015 Stingray Convertible 3LT
3 Posts
My display screen goes black intermittently. Irritating as hell. Mine is a 2014 Z51 with 46K miles. I’m leery about having my dealer attempt to “fix” the problem
Just an FYI, this problem is not specific to C7's. I have a 2015 Stingray and also a 2018 GMC SIerra pickup and the radio unit in my truck does the same thing, thank god the Stingray is OK. . IT went out for like 2 weeks so I called and made and appointment and the day before I was to bring it in it started working again so I cancelled the appointment It quit again 3 weeks later, brought it in and they ordered a radio head. Estimated cost $800.00.
3 days after I took truck in the thing started working again. Since that time one day it works, next day it doesn't. Frustrating as heck.. going to have to bite the bulllit spend the $$$ and get it replaced.

SKK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts