Taillights Colors Favorites

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C7 Z06 Taillights. - Clear Tailights.

Verify which ones are clear. ( Might be out of order but one side is left the other right )

Part #'s. - Their narrowed down to the 2 choices with ?'s

23 17 04 71. ?
23 17 04 72

23 17 04 67. Export parts ( unknown what means but told never to order )
23 17 04 68

23 21 95 35. ?
23 21 95 36

23 17 04 69 left. These are the Red
23 17 04 70 right

Greetings All

Welcome, I'm sure many may be salivating at the mouth over the new c7 z06 clear tail lights including myself

The wait is Some What over, meaning that we're just one step away from finding out, or narrowing down the model numbers are part numbers from GM concerning these clear light fixtures

Trust me I have begged, emailed, called & left messages called Chevy dealerships parts department everyone you can think of to get the parts number for these clear Z06 Clear taillights and can you believe everyone is being tight fisted and tight lipped about them

Like they don't want to c7 Stingray guys to have them even though they give you the option to order them in the c7 z06

Here's what I have so far (7) different G.M. Part #‘s, the only problem is we don't know which ones are really the clear ones, unless someone will be really kind and give us the last 8 digits of the VIN number that has a c7 z06 with the cLear lights

I think we could find which particular GM part number it really is with anyones help of the vin

Here's the #‘s above, sorry tried to cut & paste below, but as you can see......Not happening

I hope this narrows it down and feel free to comment leave some messages if you know the exact part number if I find it out before time I will post it thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We Found it, we have it thanks to the Chevy Parts Guy

Here it is. -

23 21 95 35. CLEAR Tailights
23 21 95 36. They come with Red LED Bulbs but just dont install them, use the stingrays Clear LED bulbs w/ Clear Z06 Fixtures

This Is AWESOMEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Feel free to respond with your thoughts, as many 3rd party authorized dealers suppliers were NOT feeling the parts #‘s

Order yours now for Normal price, Not for the Outrageousamounts there going for especially on eBay.

Spread the word, all I ask in return is ............ Well. Nothing!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Great, but let me be the dumb guy that asks the dumb question. Why would you want to use the Stingray clear bulbs with the clear lens? I'm missing something here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great ?

Bare with me, as I try to explain

The C7 Stingray comes from factory with the standard Red Tailights Fixture, but if I'm Not mistaken with Clear LED Bulbs that I'm hopeful or pretty sure emit Red LED Light.

The C7 Z06 comes standard with Clear Tailight Fixtures but with Red LED Bulbs, so they emit Red because of the LED capsule is red.......

Still with me, so when you order the clear tail light fixtures from the parts department at the Chevrolet dealership they will also come not just with the fixture but also with the z06 bulbs as well .

All you have to do is just not install those Z06 red capsule bulbs ( if you so choose or Not - Free will people ) but keep the Stingray bulbs say for back ups.

However the Z06 bulbs are not factory fitted so that you can not remove them, you can if you choose, but for a total of $700.00 for both...

I'm all over them Clear on Clear

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I don't know. I would just rationalize that the best bulbs to go with the Z06 lens would be the bulbs that came with them. Like I said, I'm the dumb guy, so I'll wait for your swap and you can post some pics.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know if I'm Not mistaken, the stingray Clear LED Bulbs emit a red Light................. I think

I will do some more research & you do as well.

So it would be clear Light fixtures with Clear capsule LED Bulbs but the light that comes thru the light should be Red.

But by chance if I'm wrong you can always use the z06 bulbs that come with your ordered fixtures

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
You know if I'm Not mistaken, the stingray Clear LED Bulbs emit a red Light................. I think

I will do some more research & you do as well.

So it would be clear Light fixtures with Clear capsule LED Bulbs but the light that comes thru the light should be Red.

But by chance if I'm wrong you can always use the z06 bulbs that come with your ordered fixtures
I guess if you are going to DIY, you could always do one of each and see which you like best before permanently mounting them. I would wonder if the clear with red emitting bulbs would be as bright red as the Z06 red with red emitting bulbs. Should be interesting. And, as they say, pics or it didn't happen (j/k);)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely great point

I just for some reason always liked clear Taillights, & the fact this its clear on clear

Kill me now. I love it

Corvette Guy for Life

·
Registered
12 Posts
The fixtures for both the Stingray and the Z06 taillights are completely sealed. You cannot change the LED's. The Z06 fixture has a clear outer lens and clear (when off) LED's which emit red light when on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the feed back but did you actually order some or take them out to verify this ?

Reason I asked is because I had my Chevy Dealer Parts Desk Guy spin 2 days or so researching this matter, & this was the results posted.

So either the Source of all the information is wrong & your right or visa versa......

Also he is also the when I asked specifically if these LED lights are sealed inside the fixture and he said no they are not they come separate but they come as one item when you purchase them

I asked him how soon advance notice do I need to give him before I order these clear lenses for my stingray and he replied 3 to 5 days max

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey it finally arrive

What do you think?

Check it out with my YouTube Page = MASTER MARIO

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Entitled " C7 vs. Z06 Clear Taillights Swap-Out = Success "

Check out my Thread page above as you will see the great red to clear taillights transformation

Feel free to comment

I think I was the 1st to install these & post them, & I know I was the 1st spread the word with the accurate Z06 Clear taillights G.M. Official Part #‘s......

As this was verified by me being removed from CorvetteForum for trying to help good people like you& me NOT get taken advantage of by overpriced clear tail lights like one vendor on Corvette Forum named Cultrag Performance ( selling them on eBay each pair he gets for $1,200.00 - $2,500.00 )

Not on my watch

Let me know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts