Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Effective today, the base price of each of the four 2015 Corvette models will have an increase in the base price of $1,000. Sold orders placed into the GM ordering system prior to the price increase will be price protected.

My guess is that this is the price GM wanted to have the entire time but they wanted to get people with unfilled 2014 Corvettes to get a chance at the old price, but that is only my guess.

Dave

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Which probably explains why the "build it now" sites didn't have the 2015 data and why it wasn't made available in the dealers workbench system. Thanks Dave.

Reactions: Ret9580

·
18,670 Posts
Thanks Dave for sharing the info, even though it is not friendly news for many. As separately clarified, if you are already at status 1100, thus have your six digit order number, and do not make a single option change from this point forward, you will not be paying the $1,000 price increase.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Effective today, the base price of each of the four 2015 Corvette models will have an increase in the base price of $1,000. Sold orders placed into the GM ordering system prior to the price increase will be price protected.

My guess is that this is the price GM wanted to have the entire time but they wanted to get people with unfilled 2014 Corvettes to get a chance at the old price, but that is only my guess.

Dave
Dave,
Is the price protection on sold orders a GM directive or a dealers choice?

Trying to get my facts straight before I call my salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Dave,
Is the price protection on sold orders a GM directive or a dealers choice?

Trying to get my facts straight before I call my salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
It's all at the dealer's discretion, that's why the "S" in MSRP = Suggested however you can be pretty sure the dealer will get the proper codes to drop their invoice price down to the old number.

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
The price protection is between GM and the dealership, with the condition that the dealership sell it to YOU.

Just like any other transaction, the price your dealership charges you is whatever you agree to pay them. In CA some people agree to pay $10 k over MSRP. Some dealerships agree to supplier pricing, which is $150 over INVOICE. What you agree to pay the dealer is between you and him, and GM has no further skin in the game (well, actually GM would prefer he NOT sell the car to you, because selling it to you will cost them since they will not be able to get the $1000 price increase).

But, you get the idea.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The price protection is between GM and the dealership, with the condition that the dealership sell it to YOU.

Just like any other transaction, the price your dealership charges you is whatever you agree to pay them. In CA some people agree to pay $10 k over MSRP. Some dealerships agree to supplier pricing, which is $150 over INVOICE. What you agree to pay the dealer is between you and him, and GM has no further skin in the game (well, actually GM would prefer he NOT sell the car to you, because selling it to you will cost them since they will not be able to get the $1000 price increase).

But, you get the idea.
I called to make sure mine was locked in and my sales team told me it was. I had a price set at $76,845 based on the 2015 MYVPS that I recived back in June. My car is at 3300 and set for TPW of 8/11 or next week.... Sorry to those that this hit.. been there felt that...

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
If I can afford 65K, I can afford 66K.....I'll just ask my potential dealer for an extra 1K off.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That stinks!
I put my order in on July 22, to avoid a price increase, that I thought might happen.
Since I want Daytona Sunrise Orange. my order has not been accepted by Chevrolet.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
That stinks!
I put my order in on July 22, to avoid a price increase, that I thought might happen.
Since I want Daytona Sunrise Orange. my order has not been accepted by Chevrolet.
It does not have to be accepted!......read the other post, it just has to be inputted in the system.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, I was toying with the idea of changing color to DSOM once I got a good look at it (seeing that I may be on CFZ constraint for a while), but I guess I will stick with LBT as I am at 1100.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I just talked to my dealer. He explained that any price protect provision will happen after delivery. GM will rebate the dealer who will then rebate the customer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just talked to my dealer. He explained that any price protect provision will happen after delivery. GM will rebate the dealer who will then rebate the customer.
That is an odd way of doing it. So you are getting hit with paying taxes on the $1000 increase. Are they refunding you that amount too?
I know Les Stanford is including the protected price in the final paper work.

·
Administrator
16,305 Posts
That is an odd way of doing it. So you are getting hit with paying taxes on the $1000 increase. Are they refunding you that amount too?
I know Les Stanford is including the protected price in the final paper work.
Rich I think you can read his comment two ways- the alternative interpretation is the individual's final invoice will be drawn up following delivery and if there is a price increase that is protected. the dealer gets the rebate and in turn the invoice will be reduced by the protected price increase amount so that they would only be paying taxes on the adjusted amount. Most automotive rebates are handled that way.

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
I think in CA you pay tax on rebates, but not on discounts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I want to make sure I'm understanding this. My order was entered in the system a couple of weeks ago and I received an order number. (I'm at code 3000 as of last Friday). My salesperson couldn't give me a price since that wasn't in the system. I would assume that the price he gives me going forward will be the increased price. I'm pretty sure he's going to tell me that since the prices weren't in the system, there is no protected price to go back to. Can I still hold him to the previous prices?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think every state that collects sales tax, collects taxes on rebates. That is my point. If bbrun's dealer is getting a rebate after he has paid for his car, he will be paying taxes on the $1000 that he should not have had to pay taxes on.
e.g. -> if the MSRP (pre-increase and not taking trades into account) is $75,000, then bbrun would pay state taxes on $75,000.
-> bbrun's dealer is charging him $76,000 for the car and he is paying taxes on the higher amount.

I just think what his dealer is doing to him is wrong. Just wanted him to be aware so he could ask the question and get that corrected.

Next thing they will tell him is that he will have to claim the rebate as income. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I want to make sure I'm understanding this. My order was entered in the system a couple of weeks ago and I received an order number. (I'm at code 3000 as of last Friday). My salesperson couldn't give me a price since that wasn't in the system. I would assume that the price he gives me going forward will be the increased price. I'm pretty sure he's going to tell me that since the prices weren't in the system, there is no protected price to go back to. Can I still hold him to the previous prices?
As I understand it, for you to be protected, you had to be at 1100 before the August 4th price increase and your order should have been a sold order and not dealer stock.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts