Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 Corvette on 10/20 with 14 miles on it. I drove it home to have it turn off by itself while sitting in a parking lot for 20 minutes with the car running and only 235 miles on it. I tried to restart it several times and all it did was crank over. I called OnStar which took 3 hours to get a tow truck to my location. The dealership told me yesterday 10/21 that it was a bad battery. I questioned that if it was a bad battery then why was the vehicle able to crank over and they said it will crank over with a bad battery. Hmm? After replacing the battery yesterday the dealer says it's not the battery. Now the dealer is saying the computer is reading that it's a bad ECM. The dealer believes the battery caused the ECM to get a spike which is not allowing the car to start. Now they had to overnight a new ECM. I hope all is well today with getting a new ECM installed

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Disappointing start to your ownership experience, for sure.

But, take a deep breath. These things happen. It will get fixed.

BTW, why were you idling in a parking lot for 20 minutes? This could get interesting...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
The thing about electronic systems is they tend to fail early in their life, and if they survive the initial few hours, will be reliable over the long term. Hang in there.

Reactions: mjw930

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The thing about electronic systems is they tend to fail early in their life, and if they survive the initial few hours, will be reliable over the long term. Hang in there.
Yep, we call it infant mortality (certainly in poor taste) within the business and Rob is correct, if a device gets past the first few hours it's usually good to go for life unless it's subjected to non-standard external forces (voltage spikes, excessive heat, etc.).

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Spurs2015, electronic gremlins they can bite you in the six, mine was the battery dead in the water on the way to work. I hate to see any C7 being loaded onto a flatbed wrecker. Hope all goes well and you get back to wheeling your Vette around Texas. Keep us updated on your situation.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
827 Posts
Dude...That sucks!! It hurts watching the video because it looks like mine getting pulled up the ramp. I took delivery of my 2015 on 9/25 and I just cracked 400 miles. So far so good. Sorry for your misfortune and I wish you the best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.