Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my 2015 Corvette was built on 8/13. I am just wondering has anyone gotten any delivery date yet? or usually how long does it take to deliver from when its built? I live in Miami FL

·
18,669 Posts
We learned today, thanks to "FCCCVP," that all 2015's will go through a two-week quality hold, and second source, that they may not leave the Plant until after Labor Day (if true, no earlier than September 2nd).

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can understand the QC hold for a week or two but not sure what they would hold them for 4 weeks like in the begining unless they are trying to make the unsold 2014 move off the lots. they are trying to keep the discounts for the dealers to a minimal. If the only real change was A8 and PDR the 1LT & 2LT M7 cars are the same as 14' right?

Nothing better to do then start the conspiracy theories..:rolleyes:

·
18,669 Posts
Like the new 2015 seats that we, thanks to "Woody and Todd M", learned about, bet there are about 30-40 other 2015 StingRay changes we will never know about.

However, agree that anything over a two-week QC hold is unlikely, unless there is a QC problem, in which case, get 'er fixed by the Plant pros with the best/specialized equipment.

·
18,669 Posts
What change to the seats? Do you have a link to the story?
Thanks
We do not know, just a pic with a "2015 seats" sign in it, here:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-news/5836-15-s-new-parts.html

After that post was written, we heard another possible reason for the seat change, in that more than a few seat coverings "ripped out" at the very top, had to have new seat covering installed, but that, like other ideas in the link, is just speculation .

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have placed a deposit on a atlantic edition but have not been able to get a cost or appx production date. All I have been able to find out that it will be "late availability" . Does anyone know if late availability means this fall or next spring? This is a very large dealer. All they have told me is I will be the first atlantic they get. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
18,669 Posts
Great question, but we have not yet heard anything about the timing of either the Atlantic nor Pacific models. Hopefully those who go to Carlisle in just five days will learn something and post it on our forum. If not, I will talk to Tadge and Harlan at the following week's NCM "20th Anniversary Celebration," and if course share whatever I learn there here too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
This GM plant can park a lot of Vettes (look it up under Google Earth) for a two week period while this QC program is in place. My production date is next week. OK, so a 'few' more days before it ships out. I can wait. Better to resolve any known or possible issues right up front and at the plant. Don't particularly want to have my new car show up and spend time at the dealer with the service tech on the phone with the plant trying to resolve problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts