Stingray Corvette Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
It does sound good when it works, but there is just too much cutting in and out around here.

My favorite stations on the AM and FM bands broadcast in HD. On the FM band, the station I listen to has two HD broadcasts with different venues. The one I listen to for music is not available in non-HD. Lack of HD is a pivotal reason on whether to buy a vehicle. This makes me glad to have a 2014.

Next time I shop for a vehicle I will specifically look for HD radio because my Cadillac SRX also has HD.

Had the car at the dealer today. They said that not all stingrays 2014 or otherwise came with HD radio. It must have option code u2m, mine has option code u2k. its a shame because that was one of the selling features of the car! as I was told by salesman .

Had the car at the dealer today. They said that not all stingrays 2014 or otherwise came with HD radio. It must have option code u2m, mine has option code u2k. its a shame because that was one of the selling features of the car! as I was told by salesman .
Where are you finding the option code? I looked on my original build sheet and my OrderWORKBENCH and don't find either of those option codes. Perhaps it was different with the early production 2014s.

Did they happen to tell you in exact terms the difference between the u2m & u2k options, other than one has HD and the other does not?

I don't know where to find the option code . That one anyway. I was going by what they gave me on a printed worksheet From GM, They said that my car was a 2015 by production number not date! I understand how that works but somebody should know when (Production date) they stopped HD radio installs. Because As I understand all 2014 should have HD radio. Im confused but it don't take much to do that!

Hi. My order goes in Thursday, so I quickly checked my Workbench report. We have u2k (XM Satellite Radio) listed.

I shot off a quick email to MacMulkin asking them about the two codes and to please explain the difference, so if I'm enlightened I will also post.

Cheers,

U2M is not available on the 2015 and since it's a reference RPO it's not orderable at the dealer level, it's bundled in with free flow RPO codes. HD radio is not an option on the 2015 at this point.

The RPO code chart is in the back of the car under the rear edge of the carpet just to the left of the battery, This lists all the RPO codes that that car was built with. The radio RPO codes break down to one with and one without HD radio and its in the hard firmware of the radio. I will post pictures and RPO description's as soon as my camera battery charges.

Here are the RPO charts for the 2014 and 2015. Note, the 2015 does not include HD radio, you can't get it on the 2015 at this point in the ordering cycle.

Text Font Line Number Parallel
Text Font Line Number Design

The RPO code chart is in the back of the car under the rear edge of the carpet just to the left of the battery, This lists all the RPO codes that that car was built with. The radio RPO codes break down to one with and one without HD radio and its in the hard firmware of the radio. I will post pictures and RPO description's as soon as my camera battery charges.
Thanks for clarifying.

Here are the RPO codes from my 2LT 2014 Z51. Note the entry in row 6, column 5, it denotes the HD radio code.

Tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive tire Auto part

Detailed answers have already been given.

But the official answer I got from my sales person was:

"I have no idea what the difference in the codes are. I have not heard of any issues with the HD or non HD stations. The different equipment that GM uses on standard equipment is not something you can opt in or out on with the build."

I'm glad I'm not already addicted to some HD stations. I've never had it, so I guess I won't be missing it.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.