Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, the beautiful, same exact same color interiors for all 2015 StingRays! [Black, light gray, Kalahairi, Brownstone and Adrenaline Red]

Separately, the Z06 keeps the same total number of five colors, adding the "dark gray" we have seen before, and returning the exact dark "Twilight" blue from the 2013 Anniversary models, e.g. no Brownstone, nor light gray for the Z06 interiors.

The picture below of the new Z06 interiors is not color tone accurate, as they are both dark, rich, luxurious colors!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
More Z06 interior details:

New unique to Z interior "Twilight Blue," same as 2013 Anniversary blue interior, is available on 3LZ interior only.

Kalahairi only on 2LZ and 3LZ interiors.

Black, Adrenaline Red and Dark Gray are only 1 LZ interior colors.

Interiors we are seeing here -- NCM Bash (and pics from here) are of "final design" Z06 interior (no foreseen future changes).

Z06 embossed logo in all GT seats.

HUD standard on all Z06!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Am I reading this correctly. There are 3 color options on the 1LZ, 1 color option in the 2LZ, and 2 color options on the 3LZ

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Mmmmmmm, I might be totally confused at this point. Fell in love with the two tone gray interior color in the blue convertible Z06 at the NY auto show, thinking it would look great with the VY exterior. Was also thinking along the lines of going with the 3LZ trim package, but if certain trim packages are restricted to certain colors, then what? Still not sure whats what?????

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I'm confused as well it reads that if I want a 3LZ interior I can't get red or black or dk gray?

I think it should go like this:

1LZ - Black, Adrenaline Red and Dark Gray
2LZ - Black, Adrenaline Red, Dark Gray and Kalahairi
3LZ - Black, Adrenaline Red, Dark Gray, Kalahairi and Twilight Blue

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
A little off topic, but I'm confused as to whether it's Stingray or StingRay. I believe Tadge has said it's StingRay, but it's Stingray all over Chevrolet's website. John, ask Tadge to straighten Chevrolet out on this if it's supposed to be StingRay. :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would say it's Stingray as based on GM website.
Which is more definitive, the website or the car? How about the launch stage signage or anywhere you see StingRay spelled out ON a piece of product?

I can't upload pics to this thread for some reason, but go look at the capital S and capital R on any product or any official marketing signage. They are the same and every other letter is smaller than these too.

And yes, Tadge is on the record saying it's a capital R.

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
By definition if it was StingRay than it should be 2 words Sting Ray when used as one word it should be Stingray. But who's to argue with Tadge?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
And everything you're saying that has a Z in it is about Z06, yes?

No grid or color combo options for 2015 straight 2LT StingRays? I like the suede inserts, so in 2014 there were very limited options for that.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Just because the S and R are larger when STINGRAY is spelled in all caps doesn't mean the smaller capital letters are no longer capital letters. Chevy needs to settle this for those who care. In the past, it's been Sting Ray and Stingray. I'd like to know what is now absolutely correct. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
And everything you're saying that has a Z in it is about Z06, yes?

No grid or color combo options for 2015 straight 2LT StingRays? I like the suede inserts, so in 2014 there were very limited options for that.
Correct everything with a Z is about the Z06 and may or may not apply to the StingRay or is it Stingray....

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm confused as well it reads that if I want a 3LZ interior I can't get red or black or dk gray?

I think it should go like this:

1LZ - Black, Adrenaline Red and Dark Gray
2LZ - Black, Adrenaline Red, Dark Gray and Kalahairi
3LZ - Black, Adrenaline Red, Dark Gray, Kalahairi and Twilight Blue
Redc7 has got it perfectly correct, exactly as you have delineated just above, just the way you posted it should go! Thanks Redc7!!!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A little off topic, but I'm confused as to whether it's Stingray or StingRay. I believe Tadge has said it's StingRay, but it's Stingray all over Chevrolet's website. John, ask Tadge to straighten Chevrolet out on this if it's supposed to be StingRay. :)
Tadge is right, e.g. StingRay. It has a capital letter "R", as in this sill picture from the official GM 2014 accessories book. While GM often writes it, "Stingray," that is an error within GM.

And yes, GM needs to get its act together on this (but do we think that it the only area that they need to improve on?).

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Tadge is right, e.g. StingRay. It has a capital letter "R", as in this sill picture from the official GM 2014 accessories book. While GM often writes it, "Stingray," that is an error within GM.

And yes, GM needs to get its act together on this (but do we think that it the only area that they need to improve on?).

I received this letter signed by Tadge today. He signed his name to a letter with it spelled "Stingray." LOL

IMG_6744letter.JPG

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
So, how long after Bash will we get the big, fat, detailed list of options and color combinations available, etc? Is that what dealers get in 'early June' normally? It would be a sticky type thread thing for sure, but I'm too lazy to search for the old year one. :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Goodness, there are so many pieces of information (ordering codes, what colors are available on which trim levels, et cetera) in that post, BOBSZ06! For example, there will be no suede blue for the Z06. The only suede you can get on a 1LT is with black. That is also a great summary!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts