Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Corvette Z51, LT2 package, manual, convertible, torch red
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I bought my 2015 C7, manual, Z51 package, upgraded interior, convertible last November. Right now it has 23K miles, is running great, showing no warning lights. Tires were new when I bought it.

I have no service records. Online system says oil still has plenty of time left.

AC is cold and strong. Everything works.

Question for the experts: should I make an appointment with my local Chevrolet dealer and have them check it out?
Possibly some preventative maintenance? Do these cars have known quirks, or failures?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
16,914 Posts
If your C7 is running fine I'd just enjoy it and wait until it indicates you need an oil change. As for the service records, you should be able to get your local GM dealer to bring those up based on your VIN and let you know if there is anything officially (not anecdotally recommended preventative) that requires your attention. The only other thought is with regards to the battery- if it is the original OEM, you might want to consider replacing it or at the very minimum using a CTEK maintainer to prolong its life.

Reactions: Lucydad

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,695 Posts
I have a 2014 with 22k miles and runs perfectly and I’ve only changed the oil and battery. These cars overall are very high quality and generally trouble free.

All,

I bought my 2015 C7, manual, Z51 package, upgraded interior, convertible last November. Right now it has 23K miles, is running great, showing no warning lights. Tires were new when I bought it.

I have no service records. Online system says oil still has plenty of time left.

Question for the experts: should I make an appointment with my local Chevrolet dealer and have them check it out?
Possibly some preventative maintenance? Do these cars have known quirks, or failures?

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Much thanks. I may look at the battery to see if it is dated.

I drive the car almost every day, and freeway runs at speed. So, the battery at least gets charged.

Glad to hear about reliability. This is a huge change from my 1984 Corvette that had a lot of issues.
I also own two Italian motorcycles that require a lot of maintenance and still offer surprises.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Lucydad,

Here is the recommended maintenance schedule for your 2015 from Chevrolet.
I have a 2014 with 68,000 miles on the clock. I've changed the battery, trans fluid, rear diff fluid, cabin air filter, switched over to Green Air Filter, and on my second set of tires. I'll be replacing those next spring after winter hibernation. Original brake pads are still good, but I do need to change the fluid.
Enjoy your C7!

Reactions: Lucydad

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,695 Posts
That's funny as I do remember my 1984 Bronze Corvette and the two generations are night and day! :)

Much thanks. I may look at the battery to see if it is dated.

I drive the car almost every day, and freeway runs at speed. So, the battery at least gets charged.

Glad to hear about reliability. This is a huge change from my 1984 Corvette that had a lot of issues.
I also own two Italian motorcycles that require a lot of maintenance and still offer surprises.

·
Registered
88 Posts
IIRC, the oil monitor has to be manually reset at oil changes. Its possible whoever you purchased from reset the monitor to make it look like a recent change was performed. But then I also don't know if the oil monitor would detect old oil and instantly run down the oil life remaining. So pull the dip stick and check the look and feel of the oil. Then when ever you decide to take it in, have the brake fluid and clutch fluid flushed. I had mine done at 24,000 miles and the clutch felt like brand new again. Other than that, just follow the recommended maintenance in the book.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Lots of good advice here. If it was me and I wasn't sure about the maintenance I would certainly invest the $100. 0n fresh oil and filter. Cheap insurance in my opinion. Other than that I agree go by the factory recommendations. I believe there is a recommended service at 25K and that may include fluids and filter.

·
Registered
474 Posts
All,

Thanks!
Yes

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have 2015 Stingray with 17350 on it….the belt tensioner needed to be replaced last year. GM has a service bulletin on this. This seems to be a weak part in the engine makeup. There is significant verbiage on the forum about this. Also, I had the have left front control arm (bad bushing) and both stabilizer links replaced. Luckily I have a 7 year bumper to bumper on the car.
Since you don’t have the A8 trans you don’t need to worry about the shutter/triple flush experience. Other than that, rock and roll!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I will take my car into the shop in about a month..just to be sure. Love this car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the exact same vehicle. 2015 C7, manual, Z51 package, convertible, brand new tires and almost 25,000 miles on it. Unless you want to waste your money, why take it to the dealership? Is something broken? I am religious about doing timely oil changes (as I am with all vehicles and equipment I own). The only problem I have ever had with my car was in the first 300 miles of ownership when my convertible top got stuck. Never another problem after that. I did replace my battery after 4 years. I don't want to get stuck with a dead battery somewhere. I would say: enjoy the car, it's fun to drive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So my car gave me the "change oil soon" message. Today I took it into Classic Chevrolet here in Sugar Land. They did an oil/filter change, changed the cabin air filters and general inspection. Car is running fantastic. Also fantastic service experience. One of the reasons I did not buy a Porsche or Ferrari Cali. Young service helper though could not drive the M7, so a grinning older guy delivered it back to me and said "you don't want these millennials driving your car anyway". Love this machine.

·
Registered
2021 C8 2LT Corvette, Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic, Black Interior, Z51 Package, Front Lift, Engine
28 Posts
Anytime you buy a used vehicle I’d be very wise to do a full service.
Service records or not, then start your own service records.

Reactions: Lucydad and jsvette

·
Registered
2015 Z51 7M
204 Posts
All,

Thanks!
I just replaced the master clutch cylinder on my 2015 7M Z51 at 18,000 miles. Clutch fluid totally flushed. Old was very dirty. Amazing difference in how it feels, drives and shifts. Check the color of your clutch fluid. If it’s dark or black have it flushed or google and do the Ranger method of cleaning up your fluid. Because my master cylinder was bad there was probably some air in the lines so it required a total flush which meant dropping the exhaust. Timely and expensive at a shop. Try the Ranger method first.

I did replace the battery at 4 years to an AGM. That was a proactive replacement.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts