Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, let's get a thread started with these 2015 NCM Deliveries which will start in one week with 8 per day on Friday Sept 5th per Lori, Delivery Manager.

I've seen listed on various threads 9/5's, 1 9/6(Sat-No Plant tour), 9/8, 9/9, 9/10 & several 9/12s, if my memory still serves me, where are you guys(gals) and the rest of you with appointments already?

Let's list our appointment date and maybe: build #, where you are driving/flying from, where, if, you're spending the night, 1st time or did it before, baby's specs, and anything else you care to note or Not note!

Also, this will give some of us an opportunity to match up dates and plan meetings, etc., etc.

Let's also come back or go "live" with photos(even short PDR Video's) and comments......................

I'll start, mine hasn't happened yet. I should be called any time now, my Lady in Red #1351 has been waiting across the street since 8/20. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
My TPW is Sept 8. Does anybody have an idea when I might get the email to schedule a delivery date might come? Any ideas on what time frame they may offer delivery given my TPW. The museum website says contact will occur 2 weeks prior to TPW... that ship sailed. I need to book that flight.
Thanks in advance for any help...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My TPW is Sept 8. Does anybody have an idea when I might get the email to schedule a delivery date might come? Any ideas on what time frame they may offer delivery given my TPW. The museum website says contact will occur 2 weeks prior to TPW... that ship sailed. I need to book that flight.
Thanks in advance for any help...
It doesn't work like that anymore, they will call you "when they are ready", which will be a week or 2 before you can pick it up. There is a mandatory "2 week holding period", before you can get it at the earliest after being built.
Mine was built on 8/20, I haven't been called yet, they are backed up, but I have talked to Lori several times. You will see on this thread hopefully, how it is all comes down, but that is Not the purpose of this thread, there are other Museum threads for that. Please call Lori, she will give you peace of mind even if Not an appointment! :) You will have at least a 2 week window to make reservations once she or Shane calls you, earlier if you like & dates are available, they can only do 40 a week if doing 8/ Day for 5 days.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Once they get past the rush of the first production weeks deliveries the process is that Shane will call you on the Monday or Tuesday of your production week. He gets a report from the factory every Monday of cars being built that week with Museum Delivery. That report has your actual build date so the first day you will offered to pick it up will be 2 weeks after that date.

The initial MY builds with the overall QC hold messed up that normal flow but I would expect it to return to normal by mid to late September.

FYI, the initial 2 weeks before production call is usually to confirm what you want on the dash plaque, not to schedule your delivery. Again, the MY switchover has messed up the normal flow so things are backed up.

Reactions: CUSA

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will be there Sep 9 at 0745. I live in PA and fly to Nashville then drive. My wife and son are coming. My son will have to fly home and pick up my car at the airport. I think I have seen the posts of delivery dates you have seen but so far I am the only one on the 9th. Any idea when we will start to see the cars on the webcam? Have you heard if they have shipped any cars across the street? Mine shows enroute, but that is about a 3 minute drive.

Blade Silver Adrenaline Red 3LT ZF1 chrome rims Carbon stinger stripe red calipers. NPP, FAY.

Todd

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am picking mine up 9/8 at 7:45 am. It's VIN 74. Driving up from atlanta and staying overnight so I can be there bright and early. This is my third vette but first museum delivery. First car was a 98 coupe, then 06 coupe. This one is also a coupe Z51 3LT, NRB, kalihari, 8A, CF dual roofs, chrome wheels and carbon dash. Can't wait!!

Reactions: elegant and CUSA

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'll be at the museum on 9/12 to pick up my torch red 3 LT with A8. VIN 1222. Driving it home to Osprey Florida.

Reactions: elegant and CUSA

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well this is the week the Museum Deliveries start rolling again, any New updates on appointments made for picking up your baby?
Anyone get a call from Shane or Lori today for their delivery appointment? I'm still waiting for mine! :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
They pulled one that sounds like yours onto Corvette Blvd. Check out Webcam Delivery #6.....This one has red calipers....VERY NICE!!!

I am picking mine up 9/8 at 7:45 am. It's VIN 74. Driving up from atlanta and staying overnight so I can be there bright and early. This is my third vette but first museum delivery. First car was a 98 coupe, then 06 coupe. This one is also a coupe Z51 3LT, NRB, kalihari, 8A, CF dual roofs, chrome wheels and carbon dash. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Im flying from Sacramento Ca on the 7th to do my pick up on the 8th @ 10:00 then onto New Orleans for Expel & Finest then using my Diners Drive inns & Dives App to plot my corse from there to Elk Grove Ca ill take 7 to 10 days for my trip #792

·
Registered
27 Posts
There are 7 cars out on the Corvette Boulevard for delivery. I wonder if they are all scheduled for Friday or if some are Monday. I think the red one on Cam 2 is Dr. ice and another is Z51 6spd. Anybody else have a car out there?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well this is the week the Museum Deliveries start rolling again, any New updates on appointments made for picking up your baby?
Anyone get a call from Shane or Lori today for their delivery appointment? I'm still waiting for mine! :(
Finally got my call from Shane at the Museum this AM, My wife & I will be picking up my Lady in Red (#1351 built 8/20) on Monday Sept 15th, with a 10AM appointment. We are coming up from WNC(approx. 275 mi.) on Sunday in our Jeep and will be staying at Spongie Acres B&B in Bowling Green (don't laugh at the Name check out the Reviews) on Sunday and Monday night so we won't have to rush.
Anyone else yet with a Sept 15th delivery?

They pulled one that sounds like yours onto Corvette Blvd. Check out Webcam Delivery #6.....This one has red calipers....VERY NICE!!!
Those 8 there now( All coupes, 2 TRs, 2 NRBs, 2 LBs, 1 AW and last but not least a CRM.)will be delivered on Friday the 1st day of Delivery. :)

Im flying from Sacramento Ca on the 7th to do my pick up on the 8th @ 10:00 then onto New Orleans for Expel & Finest then using my Diners Drive inns & Dives App to plot my corse from there to Elk Grove Ca ill take 7 to 10 days for my trip #792
That's going to be a nice long ride home, I wish mine was longer, it will seem quite short, especially being in that New Vette. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Finally got my call from Shane at the Museum this AM, My wife & I will be picking up my Lady in Red (#1351 built 8/20) on Monday Sept 15th, with a 10AM appointment. We are coming up from WNC(approx. 275 mi.) on Sunday in our Jeep and will be staying at Spongie Acres B&B in Bowling Green (don't laugh at the Name check out the Reviews) on Sunday and Monday night so we won't have to rush.
Anyone else yet with a Sept 15th delivery?

Those 8 there now( All coupes, 2 TRs, 2 NRBs, 2 LBs, 1 AW and last but not least a CRM.)will be delivered on Friday the 1st day of Delivery. :)

That's going to be a nice long ride home, I wish mine was longer, it will seem quite short, especially being in that New Vette. :)
CONGRATS I've been feeling for you and your wait. I do think once you have a date it gets easier. But
THE WAITING IS THE HARDEST PART
enjoy your new VETTE

·
Registered
17 Posts
The three from Boise will pick up 9-16 7:45. we are flying into Nashville. Sightseeing Sat & Sun then BG on Mon. Staying at Durry
Deric Sharkgray/Kal
Mike TR/BLK
Justcrzn LB/BLK

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone else with a New appointment date at the Museum?

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have a date

There are 3 of us scheduled on the 16th of September. Two of the cars were built during the first week of production. The third was built on the 25th. The 3 of us are from the Boise Id area.
We all put our deposit down on the same day and requested that all three cars be delivered on the same day. Les Sanford was able to make that happen.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Congrats CUSA on finally getting a date!!

Can you still modify your original post way after the fact? Maybe you could summerize for us the dates and colors in order so when we look at Corvette Blvd we will know who they are without skipping around in the thread?

And very cool about the three guys together on the same day. I hope you come back and share pics of the three of you on the road home to ID. You're going to attract A LOT of attention. (One does, I can't imagine three!) :D

Reactions: CUSA

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Today Friday Sept 5th - The 1st day of 8 Museum Deliveries!

Here(as of 11 AM EDT) are the first 8 2015 Coupes lined up on Corvette Blvd "Live". There will be 8 New Happy owners today! :)

Webcam Corvette Blvd

Be sure and checkout each one with Web Cams No 1 to 8.

Also, there are suppose to be some deliveries tomorrow Saturday, Lori had confirmed and I saw one listed for 9/6.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So far there have been customers at CAMs 2,4,6 & 8. I wonder if those are the 0745 deliveries? It is fun to see the buyers and their friends checking out the cars.

Congratulations to all the new owners.

EDIT now at 2pm, there is activity at CAMs 5 & 7 and the car at spot 2 is gone. I wish I could have seen it leave.

Yes in case you are wondering, I don't work till the afternoon. Watching Corvette webcams is what I do to keep myself sane till Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts