Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, all is in the title :)
Thanks to let us know if you choose the M7 or the A8, if you have comments regarding the reason, they are welcome !

·
Registered
20 Posts
A8. Looking forward to reviews of it in the Stingray, but if mine arrives before any reviews (TPW 8/18), that's ok too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
7 Speed.

I sold my C6 automatic. It was my daily driver in Oahu. Now that I no longer sit in traffic for hours every evening, it's time to get back to shifting.

·
Registered
533 Posts
A8. Looking forward to reviews of it in the Stingray, but if mine arrives before any reviews (TPW 8/18), that's ok too.
Mine too..I had a A6 and liked it, with what I have read the A8 will be the S" :cool:

lol

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
a8. Skip shifting is a pain, and I like paddle shifters. Have a VW with DSG, and hope this is somewhere near as good. And sticks can get tedious if you get into heavy traffic.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm going from a 2012 Grand Sport with manual to a Z51 with the A8. My TPW 8/18

·
Registered
160 Posts
Can't beat the A8 with paddle shifters. Best of both worlds. My NRB 2015 Coupe with NPP, Nav, and CHROME wheels has been ordered.

·
Registered
273 Posts
What's the wait time for a 2015 ? A for me wife has to drive sometimes...
Looking at 2014 thats in stock since I need delivery before SEP 18 ...
Thanks

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Thanks
Private message sent

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks
I was told last of October if I am lucky. Placed my order a week ago.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Gotta be a 7 speed for me. But if I were driving it everyday could certainly see the A8 need..... But since its a once in awhile fun driver for me and with these curvy VA roads and the Blue Ridge Parkway to drive, I love to shift em!!

Hope to see it built this week. 3400 with TPW of 8/11.

·
Registered
C8 Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic Z51 Magnetic Ride Control
91 Posts
The A8 should be the hot ticket for resale and 1/4 mile as long as it does not go into limp mode when shifting on WOT. So glad I waited to order my 15 now that the A8 is out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
A8 here as well.

·
18,669 Posts
I love shifting, we don't live in a congested area, and also because of reason # 3, our Z06 will only, and excitedly have the 7-speed manual.

Reason # 3, known as Annie's Rules: "You can buy whatever Corvette you want, whenever you want, with whatever options and subsequent mods you want, as long as: 1) we only have one Corvette at a time, and 2) you don't bring it home if it has an automatic transmission, for I do not drive any anything unless it has a manual transmission." [Annie is my wonderful wife, and without exaggeration, she will NOT drive any vehicle with an automatic trans.]

·
Registered
124 Posts
I selected the A8 as well. I specifically waited for the A8 and orange. I like driving manual cars, but I tend to drive quite a bit more aggressive. My wife will probably drive it every once in a while as well. Tires can be quite expensive on these cars. I have owned a 2005 1sb convertible and a 2010 GS 2lt coupe. My 2015 will be a 3lt convertible with MSRC that should get put into the queue this week. The 2005 tires were good for about 25k. The GS was an auto and still needed tires at 12k. I am hoping the new one will get a few miles out of the tires.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts