Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the 2015s are being delivered in fairly large numbers now and I'm wondering what you New PDR owners think about it?
(Mine is being delivered on Monday at the Museum and I'm planning to give it it's first "workout" on the "Dragon"[Tail of] with 318 curves in 11 miles on the way home on Tuesday.:))

0) Do you like it? Love it? Hate it?
1) Is it easy to use?
a) Are the instruction clear, where are they and are there any YouTubes or other videos on it yet?
2) What do you think of your 1st uses?
3) In what situation/s have/will you use/d it?
4) Are the results sharper enough for you?
5) Is the camera lens easy to keep clear/clean? I would think one splat/direct hit from whatever and it would be out of commission until it is cleaned.
6) Anything else?

Edit: Here is a Very Good 5 min "How to" Video of the entire process (Thanks SlikNik):

Reactions: elegant

·
18,669 Posts
Be sure you bring your own SD card with you, and follow the recommendations on the specific SD formatting version you buy.

After that:

1) Turn on car;
2) Turn on infotainment system if not on;
3) Press the PDR icon.
4) Press "start."

You are recording.

·
Administrator
16,278 Posts
John, you forgot the most important one: Install the SD card & Where? :)
Thanks for the post!
Bill
Edit: Another ? comes up, can we also use the USB slots for the PDR recordings?
The SD card slot for the PDR is in the glovebox.

Reactions: CUSA

·
Registered
114 Posts
This guy had some good How to use pdr videos,
What color is your car? I will look for you on Monday, Congrats

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks much, that's a Well Done 5 min Overview Video of it all, it's quite Simple actually! :)
If you don't mind, I'm going to add that to the OP, thanks again!
My complete car w/pic is in my sig, but if you have the Sigs blocked it is a Z-51 CRM w/CF Dual Racing Stripes, CF Mirrors & Spoiler and Chrome wheels. (Brownstone interior)

·
Registered
533 Posts
That's My Salesman... Great Guy and Great Dealer

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have only used it a few times so far and LOVE IT. I will use it on the FCCC Sunday drives.

The only thing I wish was to have the valet mode does not shut limit the RPMs or Speed.

I have not tried yet but is there a way to record with out the sound of the radio and talking? (not on Valet mode)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I haven't had a chance to use it, so my questions about the PDR are:

1. After you're done recording your videos and data, how do you use the GPS data in conjunction with the video? Is the GPS data included on the SD card? What software do you need to use to superimpose your GPS data over a map in real time, to see the route you recorded? And how do you sync that to the video?

Actually I guess that's all my questions. Operation of the PDR seems pretty simple, it's really more about what I can do with the data afterward.

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Those are excellent questions, 2015Z51.

I am not sure if someone will, but it would be great if someone made their raw PDR data available online for the rest of us waiting to download. Then we could start playing with the Cosworth Toolbox to see how to answer those questions just asked by 2015Z51.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm picking up my 15 tomorrow at the museum (camera 5) and will be home on Saturday. I will put a file out soon after that. Hopefully by Sunday evening.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
I'm picking up my 15 tomorrow at the museum (camera 5) and will be home on Saturday. I will put a file out soon after that. Hopefully by Sunday evening.
Cool, thank you! If you make it public, please be sure it is something you would not mind for your insurance company, law enforcement, and relatives to see and hear. :)

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lol. I'll have to create a few videos and see what the file sizes are. It will be for folks to check out the Cosworgh software. I'll be sure it is a very "tame" example of my driving. :)

Reactions: CUSA and rdslon01

·
Registered
110 Posts
Awesome thanks Jeff. I'll get the software loaded to try it out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Guys, sorry it took so long, but I finally got a short file made from the PDR.

PDR Page

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
You rock, JeffSRQ! I will down load it later tonight. Thank you!

Reactions: JeffSRQ

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Hello JeffSRQ,

Thank you again for posting your data. I noticed that the video is slightly shaded / grayed out. Is that something which can be modified? Is this present in all PDR modes or only track?

Thank you!

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
CUSA, thank you for this thread!

Today I downloaded the Cosworth Toolbox. The download page is here: Cosworth.com | Cosworth Toolbox for Chevrolet Corvette

The registration process was simple, and they promptly sent an email to me which contained the link to the downloadable executable. After executing that, it downloaded more data from the web, and then installed (which took longer than I had expected). It wanted a reboot, and then Windows (of which I am not a fan) wanted to download some updates for .NET Framework software, which took some more time and another reboot.

Afterwards, it ran just fine with the file that JeffSRQ posted above. There is a lot of data available.

By experimenting around, I was able to get a nice bird's eye view of the route taken on the map on the left of the screen, with the video playing in the right half of the screen. However, it looks to me as if the only way to save that for sharing with others would be to use a third party audio/video screen capture software package.

Does anyone else have any comments about this, ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I apologize that the video I took was at sunset yesterday. I'm also not sure how clean the windshield was. I don't think there is any adjustments for contrast and such (at least I don't remember seeing any) If I get a better one, I will post it.

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CUSA, thank you for this thread!

Today I downloaded the Cosworth Toolbox. The download page is here: Cosworth.com | Cosworth Toolbox for Chevrolet Corvette

The registration process was simple, and they promptly sent an email to me which contained the link to the downloadable executable. After executing that, it downloaded more data from the web, and then installed (which took longer than I had expected). It wanted a reboot, and then Windows (of which I am not a fan) wanted to download some updates for .NET Framework software, which took some more time and another reboot.

Afterwards, it ran just fine with the file that JeffSRQ posted above. There is a lot of data available.

By experimenting around, I was able to get a nice bird's eye view of the route taken on the map on the left of the screen, with the video playing in the right half of the screen. However, it looks to me as if the only way to save that for sharing with others would be to use a third party audio/video screen capture software package.

Does anyone else have any comments about this, ideas or suggestions? Thanks!
Thanks Rodney for providing this CT download & set up info! I've recorded a couple of vids for trial use, they were very easy to record & playback, but the CT will make them so much more useful. There is so much to learn with this Incredible Machine, I'll still be learning new things every day on this Vette till the day I ...........................................!!

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
I'll still be learning new things every day on this Vette till the day I ...........................................!!
till the day I become a happy snowman!

See 1 minute 21 second mark of http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rnEB2F_v_cE

My wife still thinks she is a kid (sometimes I think she is still a kid, too! - LOL) so I have to watch cartoon movies with her. That one was pretty good, actually. Spoiler alert: he gets his own personal snow cloud at the end of the movie so he can always stay nice and frozen in all seasons.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts