Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody heard any rumors about the base price of the 2015 non-z51 coupe yet?

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
No, I have not, but if a rumor is all you are looking for, I can make one up. :)

Starting at $49,995. :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Another 4-6 weeks until we get 2015 StingRay pricing.
Is that official? Kerbeck in Atlantic City (largest corvette dealer in nation) told me by end of June they will be able to order them. That makes me assume Configurator will be up in a few weeks. That might have changed though...dunno.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Is that official? Kerbeck in Atlantic City (largest corvette dealer in nation) told me by end of June they will be able to order them. That makes me assume Configurator will be up in a few weeks. That might have changed though...dunno.
Have been able to order 2015 for over 10days.
so are they telling you they will know the priceing then?

·
18,670 Posts
Just communicated with Dave Salvatore @ Kerbeck earlier today, and here's how those two seemingly-in-conflict things line up perfectly.

MacMulkin, Kerbeck, Criswell and other dealers with tier one allocation will be able to submit their first orders starting the June 26th consensus!

And pricing will NOT be announced until sometime in July. Dave at Kerbeck noted a few weeks earlier that some years the actual prices are not announced for a full month after the first consensus. Consequently, Chevy's "build and price configurator" will not be up before first orders go in, and maybe not until late July.

Yes, that means early consensus orders will go in before pricing is known. My best estimates:

Take current 2014 pricing, add $500 base 2015 price increase, add $1200 above and beyond the $795 for the new combined nav/PDR mandatory combo -- thanks FCCVP for ferreting that out, add $1,200 to Z-51 (NPP mandatory inclusion), add $995 and the previous $1,200 upcharge for the PDR to 3LT (mandatory PDR & IWE for 2015), add $495 for A6-to-A8 upcharge, add (and this is the trickiest one) about $1,995 for CFZ aero package, add $250 miscellaneous option increases, and add $200 for shipping increase.

This should get you close to your 2015 price. Again, need to repeat that other than FCCCVP's info on the PDR upcharge, these are my estimates -- definitely not based on any inside knowledge. I did reduce my earlier guess that the basic price increase would be $1,000 to, now $500, based on Monte Doran, GM Media spokesperson, recently saying that the StingRay 2015 price increase would be "modest."

·
Registered
137 Posts
Have been able to order 2015 for over 10days.
so are they telling you they will know the priceing then?
Ahh. No, when I spoke with them it was 2 weeks ago. Guessing he just meant order. I assumed this was not possible with the Configurator being up for 2015s.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does anyone know what the difference was between the 2005 and 2006 C6 was? I ordered my 2006 C6 on Jan 16th 2006 but I'm at work and don't have access to the numbers. I recall it was less than $100 but not sure.

This may shed a clue as to what could happen to the 2015's.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just communicated with Dave Salvatore @ Kerbeck earlier today, and here's how those two seemingly-in-conflict things line up perfectly.

MacMulkin, Kerbeck, Criswell and other dealers with tier one allocation will be able to submit their first orders starting the June 26th consensus!

And pricing will NOT be announced until sometime in July. Dave at Kerbeck noted a few weeks earlier that some years the actual prices are not announced for a full month after the first consensus. Consequently, Chevy's "build and price configurator" will not be up before first orders go in, and maybe not until late July.

Yes, that means early consensus orders will go in before pricing is known. My best estimates:

Take current 2014 pricing, add $500 base 2015 price increase, add $1200 above and beyond the $795 for the new combined nav/PDR mandatory combo -- thanks FCCVP for ferreting that out, add $1,200 to Z-51 (NPP mandatory inclusion), add $995 and the previous $1,200 upcharge for the PDR to 3LT (mandatory PDR & IWE for 2015), add $495 for A6-to-A8 upcharge, add (and this is the trickiest one) about $1,995 for CFZ aero package, add $250 miscellaneous option increases, and add $200 for shipping increase.

This should get you close to your 2015 price. Again, need to repeat that other than FCCCVP's info on the PDR upcharge, these are my estimates -- definitely not based on any inside knowledge. I did reduce my earlier guess that the basic price increase would be $1,000 to, now $500, based on Monte Doran, GM Media spokesperson, recently saying that the StingRay 2015 price increase would be "modest."
SO, based on your estimates, if I had already priced out a 2014 with 3LT including the upper suede interior, NPP, Z51, mRR, and manual transmission, I could expect the equivalent 2015 to cost approximately $2,150 more?

David

·
18,670 Posts
SO, based on your estimates, if I had already priced out a 2014 with 3LT including the upper suede interior, NPP, Z51, mRR, and manual transmission, I could expect the equivalent 2015 to cost approximately $2,150 more?

David
Your $2,150 agrees with my math, as long as we both know my numbers are pure guesses, that none could be at all accurate or even close. We only know, based on FCCCVP's inside info, later confirmed by [email protected], that the estimate price of the combined NAV/PDR is estimated at $1,995 (or $1,200 more due to the addition of the PDR system). Hope, I am wrong, the total increase is less than my predictions (for the last time when I was consistently right was when I was a teenager).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been waiting for my order to be placed since March and just found out yesterday I'll be getting a 2015. I should be getting updated pricing in a few weeks, once I do I'll post what I'll be paying along with my options.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My dealer Purifoy in Colorado said that likely the GM exec quote that prices would not go up significantly was because they already went up last March. Still with them adding PDR and upper suede in a package vs a la carte that is a couple thousand like it or not.

·
Registered
699 Posts
My dealer Purifoy in Colorado said that likely the GM exec quote that prices would not go up significantly was because they already went up last March. Still with them adding PDR and upper suede in a package vs a la carte that is a couple thousand like it or not.
I live in SoCal and bought my C7 from Purifoy! They were honest and great to work with. I had the museum delivery and stopped by the dealership on the way home. Never seen a small dealer have an entire building dedicated to Corvette.

Michael

·
Registered
307 Posts
seen several on various sites. however, we saw the value of speculation on the last go-round (2014). even of "good source" info. speculation is a waste of time. i think some people make this stuff up, to secure some attention.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yes and they can actually answer a question. All the other dealers know is that it is pretty. I have been in sales for 33yrs. It amazes me how little these people know! Also how difficult GM makes it to find info?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts