Stingray Corvette Forum banner

2015 Pricing?

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  mjw930 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am expecting delivery to my dealer of my 2014 Torch Red Z51 2LT any time now and while I'm excited about it, the long wait has me wondering if I should pass on it and order a '15. Does anyone know if there is going to be a price increase on the Z51 2LT? If there is an increase, I will probably keep mine if not I probably would let it go. Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Bill

#4 ·
Elsewhere on this forum the educated guess was that list would rise $495, automatic would rise $495. If you are getting NAV the new recorder is included for another $1,000ish. If you were looking for a 3LT budget another $495 for the sueded upholstery around the windshield which is now standard.

#5 ·
Expect a much steeper 3LT price increase, for as "johnu" noted, new things in 3 LT.

Believe, as FCCCVP learned April, later corroborated by Mike@Criswell, the mandatory 3LT "combo nav/PDR" is going to be about an increase of of $1,200 alone (over the $795 nav for the 2014 3LT), and the IWE sueded upper interior, also now 3LT mandatory for 2015, cost $995 for 2014.

Adding those two increases together, best guess is that 3LT will jump about $2,195 for the 2015's. Know more than a few folks, because of these two items becoming mandatory for the 3LT in 2015, that ordered a 2LT (and will embrace their cell phone, Garmin or similar as their "nav system"). Communicated with two individuals who specifically are using the difference of going to 2LT, from their original plan of ordering a 3LT, deciding to use those "savings," and then ordering the CFZ aero package.

#6 ·
The only reason I got 3LT was for the Brownstone. I wonder if Brownstone will once again only be offered on 3LT on the 2015?

#8 ·
As it's been communicated so far the recorder and Nav are bundled meaning you can't get one without the other. Expect the new price for the Nav/PDR bundle to be close to $2000.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

#13 ·
Mark,

Yep, kind of like Sat TV. I pay 80 bucks a month for stuff I don't want. But the other side will say don't buy it and that is the choice we have. Take it or leave it. Thanks for the response to my pricing question everyone. I guess I will take what I have which is great, because I wouldn't pay for the 2000 buck navigation etc.

Bill

#14 ·
#17 · (Edited)
Every single manufacturer does this, i.e, they bundle stuff and create option packages/levels. It can have a negative consequence, or a net cost profit increase, and can have result in the secondary efficiency of knowing/assembling the Z-51 package for all '15's with the new mandatory NPP component. However, if they get too greedy, it will result in profit loss, for some folks who might have gotten a 3LT, for cost/budget reasons, now will step down to a 2LT.

Same with bundling the nav/PDR. Could be wrong, but think this will result in a net profit loss, for how many sprung for the $795 nav in their 2 LT's in '14 but who would not, and/or will not spring for the $1,995 combo nav/PDR for the '15 2LT.

#18 ·
I think the only option package change that will backfire on Chevy is the PDR/NAV bundle. The NAV is barely worth $200 but stupid people like me who hate dash mounted "stuff" popped for the $795 just to have it integrated. At $1995 (guesstimate) my bet is more than 50% of the 2LT buyers who would have popped for $795 will say no to the new bundle and slap a Garmin or TomTom on their dash.

The NPP bundle just makes sense and I think Harlan said something like 90% of all Z51's were ordered with it.

I don't think the ~$2k jump in 3LT price will have any effect. People willing to spend $4k for fancy leather won't bat an eye but they will bitch about it ;)

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.