Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and love the looks of the Laguna Blue 2015 Stingray. I was thinking of ordering one until my wife mentioned I'm too old (70 yrs.) and it's a young person's car. Her comment got me thinking and now I'm starting to have second thoughts, maybe she's right. (It could happen every once in a while). I feel young but I know I'm not. Any seniors out there driving corvettes. All comments appreciated.

Thanks,
GeorgiaGuy

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Never too old !! Go for it.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
121 is too old. 70 is not.

You qualify.

By the way, this is coming from a guy in his 30s.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just get one of those "I'm an old person" car magnets that folks have to display in Japan :p

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Think of it this way. You could leave it to your favorite grandson.:rolleyes:
Coming from a guy who is 67.

Reactions: RCjr

·
Registered
231 Posts
No such thing as too old to drive! The questions are: are you a competent driver (plenty of 20-60 year old who are not), would you enjoy the car, can you afford it? If you answered yes to those, you're good to go! yeah, sure, probably some other questions to answer as well, but you get the point.

·
Registered
233 Posts
As long as you are currently driving safely, there is no reason that you should not have a Corvette. The Corvette is a high powered car and Chevrolet wants you to take the Stingray owners class at the Ron Fellows Spring Mountain Driving School to better understand your new Corvette. That is why they subsidize 60% of the cost of the 2 day class. This is not going to make you a race car driver, it is going to teach you about the electronics and handling of this fabulous car. I do not consider 70 old, I will have turned 68 by the time my new Z06 is built and delivered, so please don't make me 2nd guess getting it. Purchase your new Stingray and enjoy it. You and your wife will meet new people and travel new places.
Janet

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
GeogiaGuy: first welcome to our forum! Second, while a number of us are clearly in the "senior" owner category based on biological age :rolleyes: and totally enjoy our Stingrays, the proof is in your physical and mental age as perceived by you. Here are the simple questions you need to answer to make your decision: Have you driven a new Stingray, can you comfortably get in and out of one, does your heart race (without giving you a hearth attack ;);) ) when you think of owning a Laguna Blue 2015 Stingray? If you said yes to these then absolutely go for it! We hope to see pictures of you in your new LB '15 Vette here on the forum. :cool:

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,547 Posts
3 years younger than you, I'm on my 6th Vette, C2, C3 current, C5 (2), C6, C7 current. C7 is a daily driver for me, and loving it.

Personally, I thinks the boss doesn't want you to have one............:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am new to the forum and love the looks of the Laguna Blue 2015 Stingray. I was thinking of ordering one until my wife mentioned I'm too old (70 yrs.) and it's a young person's car. Her comment got me thinking and now I'm starting to have second thoughts, maybe she's right. (It could happen every once in a while). I feel young but I know I'm not. Any seniors out there driving corvettes. All comments appreciated.

Thanks,
GeorgiaGuy

If you have not already, go at least sit in one and see if it is comfortable. If it is, pull the trigger and enjoy, life is short.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW - What a great group of guys & gals on this forum. Didn't think anyone would reply and already have 2 pages. Thanks so much. I am still very much active in the local FD driving Firetruck, Rescue Vehicles etc. I really appreciate all the replies, now I just have to see if I can get in and out of one. I think there's a trick in getting in one but if I can and it's comfortable it will be a GO.

·
Registered
533 Posts
"Your Never to Old" if you have the fever in your heart go for it. I have Club members that are from 28 to 83 and I hope as long as I live I will own one. My 2015 will be my 7th and I just turned 46.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Some people say it's a "midlife crisis car" look on the bright side, that puts you on track to live to 140
Post of the day right there folks...

LOL!

Reactions: CHeckk6 and regguy1

·
Registered
579 Posts

Thanks,
GeorgiaGuy
Only age issue is if you unable to get in and out of the car being so low to the ground. I have seen few Seniors needing help getting out of low cars.

Reactions: RCjr
1 - 20 of 100 Posts