Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The complete 2015 StingRay Ordering Guide is here. Haven't begun to digest any/all differences, but here is all the info (except pricing of course and allocations). Even though some of the links have the same exact wording, the title for that section will give you the specific different info you are looking for.

Order Guide:

Model Information - Online Ordering Guide

New For 2015:

New Features

RPO Codes:

RPO Codes

Standard Equipment:

RPO Codes

ORDERING INFO:

Equipment Guides:

RPO Codes

PEG Stairstep:

Interior:

Exterior:

Mechanical:

Color & Trim:

On-Star Fleet Options:

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Surprises:

CFZ: Visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package (Carbon Fiber: Painted)

WA8: Clear Protective Film

SDN: Silver & Black Custom Valve Stem Package

More details, including some on material previously released:

5WY NEW! LPO, Suede quilted headliner, Genuine Corvette Accessory
1 - Not available with (R8C) Corvette Museum Delivery.
2 - Late availability. Not available with (R8C) Corvette Museum Delivery.

VV4 NEW! OnStar Gen 10 with 4G and Wi-Fi hotspot4

UQT NEW! Performance data and video recorder
1 - Included and only available with (IO6) Chevrolet MyLink audio system with Navigation.

WA8 NEW! Decal kit, clear protective

PFI NEW! Pacific Design Package, includes (C2Z) visible carbon fiber roof panel with body-color surround, (CFZ) Carbon Fiber Package, (DTH) Carbon Flash Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package, (EYT) Carbon Flash Badge Package, (RXX) Carbon Flash rear license plate holder, LPO, (TTV) carbon flash-painted outside mirrors and rear spoiler, (R87) Z51-style Satin Black with Red stripe 19" front and 20" rear aluminum wheels, (RXJ) Wheel center caps with Stingray logo, LPO, (VDN) Gray indoor vehicle cover with crossed flag logo, LPO, (VQK) Front and rear Black molded splash guards, LPO, (J6F) Red-painted calipers, (AE4) Competition Sport bucket seats, (FAY) carbon fiber instrument panel trim, (V8X) Custom sill plates with Stingray logo, LPO, (VYW) premium carpeted floor mats with Stingray logo, LPO
1 - Not available for ordering. Late availability. Requires (19*) Jet Black interior or (70*) Adrenaline Red interior. Available with one of the following exterior colors: (G1B) Shark Gray Metallic, (G8G) Arctic White, (GAN) Blade Silver Metallic, (GBA) Black or (GKZ) Torch Red.

SDN NEW! LPO, Black and Silver Custom Valve Stem Package with crossed flag logo, Genuine Corvette Accessory

EYT NEW! Carbon Flash Badge Package

CFZ NEW! Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package, includes Carbon Fiber-painted splitter and rockers, and more aggressive rear spoiler

ZF1 NEW! ZF1 Appearance Package, includes (Q7S) 5-split spoke, Silver-painted aluminum, 19" front and 20" rear wheels, (XFJ) P245/35ZR19 front and P285/30ZR20 rear, performance summer-only tires and body-color Z51-style spoiler

QX1 NEW! Wheels, 5-spoke, Black aluminum, 18" x 8.5" (45.7 cm x 21.6 cm) front and 19" x 10 " (48.3 cm x 25.4 cm)

RPK NEW! Wheels, Black machined aluminum, 18" x 8.5" (45.7 cm x 21.6 cm) front and 19" x 10" (48.3 cm x 25.4 cm) rear

R87 NEW! Wheels, Z51-style Satin Black with Red stripe aluminum 19" (48.3 cm) front and 20" (50.8 cm) rear
1- Included and only available with (PFI) Pacific Design Package

QCC NEW! Wheels, Black machined aluminum, 19" x 8.5" (48.3 cm x 21.6 cm) front and 20" x 10" (50.8 cm x 25.4 cm) rear
1 - Requires (ZF1) ZF1 Appearance Package.

GXB NEW! Rear axle, 2.41 ratio, electronic limited-slip
1 - Included and only available with (M5U) 8-speed paddle shift automatic transmission.

M5U NEW! Transmission, 8-speed paddle shift with automatic modes

Thanks "Zymurgy" for above compilation.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Thanks John! Will there be something with pictures? (I just wanted the new for 2015 wheel pics. Is there something like that the dealers get?)

And I was surprised with the 'clear protective film' as well. Can't wait to read more about that option!

Cheers!

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Daytona Orange Sunrise Metallic":

Don't know yet:

Delayed availability (how long ?);
Extra cost (pricing later);
Haven't seen, yet similar to, but "lighter and brighter" than 2005-2006 Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic, and remains is a "burnt orange".

Have learned: Available with Brownstone, Kalahairi, black and light gray interiors.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Surprised to see Cyber Gray Full length Racing Stripes available, but no Shark Gray Full Length Racing Stripes. Also if you get a Shark Gray ext, Cyber Gray Full Racing Stripe is NOT available. I was thinking Red Crystal Tint with Shark Gray full Racing Stripe would be nice, but it looks like that's not an option.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Best 2015 StingRay wheel pictures we have so far:

Yes, I've seen that. That's why we want to eventually see an actual picture or a pretty brochure with the QCC option. Do the dealers get some kind of pretty picture brochure anytime soon? Or only this 'meat of the matter' good stuff you posted for us?

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Even if a dealer gets brochures, they may be the type who will barely let you touch it, and absolutely not let you have it. There were several stories of that before: "Take delivery and then I will give a brochure to you." That is nuts if you ask me.

Anyway, probably the best way will be to look at the brochures which will be posted online. Other options may include seeing pictures people post online, or, if you are really lucky, seeing them for yourself at various local places when they start showing up.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Most mfrs have slimmed down their publication department in terms of print and now supply dealers with a few, and consumers sent to the website for the PDF file. Look and see what's avail for download.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I don't see the EFX or EFY vents?

The 2015 Corvette Stingray will no longer be limited to just the black colored exterior vents. Buyers can get them now in standard Black, Shark Gray or body color:
EYT – Carbon Flash Exterior Badges
EFX – Shark Gray Exterior Vents
EFY – Body Color Exterior Vents
E57 – Carbon Flash Tonneau Inserts for the Convertible

Shown at the NCM BASH:
View attachment 7845

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good catch. They made a big deal of those two options at the Bash, especially the body colored grills and vents, saying they were responding to customer input for the "monochromatic look."

Think that in their hurry to get out the Order Guide, they missed some things, just as they did one year ago in their initial 2014 Order Guide. For example, if you look at the details of the Z-51 package, you will not see the new, "2015 mandatory" NPP exhaust.

We will see a revised version (or two) of the Order Guide over the next month.

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For those who are looking for a picture of how the CFZ (Carbon Fiber Ground Package: Painted) will look on the 2015 StingRay, here is our best picture yet:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Reading thru my Copy. My salesman printed me and delivered me a copy today.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Reading thru my Copy. My salesman printed me and delivered me a copy today.
1 - Included and only available with (IO6) Chevrolet MyLink audio system with Navigation.

IAm I reading this right???

·
Registered
4,656 Posts

IAm I reading this right???
Yep, if you want PDR you must order Nav. What's unclear is if you order Nav does that now include the PDR? If it does then Nav has probably now become a $2000+ option.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yep, if you want PDR you must order Nav. What's unclear is if you order Nav does that now include the PDR? If it does then Nav has probably now become a $2000+ option.

Based on what I posted just after the Bash I beleave it will be $1200 and all Nav. will include the PDR and you can not get the Nav. without the PDR.

·
18,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since nav is $795, and since we are agreeing from the Order Guide, for 2015, it now includes the PDR, if $1,200 price is accurate, then including the PDR for $405 would be a screaming deal. Pardon my cynicism, but doubt that GM is going to give you a telemetry system developed by Cosworth Engineering (now used by the C7.R), a high res camera, both that fit seamlessly into the factory nav/infotainment system, include PDR development and warranty failure costs, all for $405. $1,495 for the I06 option would be a screaming deal, IMO, for a system which includes infotainment, nav and a complete PDR system, and personally believe it will be at least $1,795 for the three part system. And, of course, hope I am wrong, and GM wants to do all this for just $405 additional.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Since nav is $795, and since we are agreeing from the Order Guide, for 2015, it now includes the PDR, if $1,200 price is accurate, then including the PDR for $405 would be a screaming deal. Pardon my cynicism, but doubt that GM is going to give you a telemetry system developed by Cosworth Engineering (now used by the C7.R), a high res camera, both that fit seamlessly into the factory nav/infotainment system, include PDR development and warranty failure costs, all for $405. $1,495 for the I06 option would be a screaming deal, IMO, for a system which includes infotainment, nav and a complete PDR system, and personally believe it will be at least $1,795 for the three part system. And, of course, hope I am wrong, and GM wants to do all this for just $405 additional.
I tend to agree with you but I'm just hopping to be right on this ....LOL

Maybe John,,, they know how cheep Nav. is getting and the Nav. is the $200 and the PDR $1k :rolleyes

not betting the farm on this.

·
Registered
533 Posts
SDN - Black and Silver Custom Value Stem pkg. does anyone know what this is or will look like?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Even if a dealer gets brochures, they may be the type who will barely let you touch it, and absolutely not let you have it. There were several stories of that before: "Take delivery and then I will give a brochure to you." That is nuts if you ask me.

Anyway, probably the best way will be to look at the brochures which will be posted online. Other options may include seeing pictures people post online, or, if you are really lucky, seeing them for yourself at various local places when they start showing up.
I agree. I am just waiting for such pretty pic to come about. Some way, some how. :)

We also noticed we don't see the mud guards listed as an option. Shouldn't it be on there as something we can put into our order? Or it is ALWAYS something you buy on the side?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts