Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to "[email protected]," (Dave Salvatore @ Kerbeck Corvettes) we just received confirmation that GM will be officially accepting orders for the first 2015 consensus starting this coming Thursday. Kerbeck received 48 allocations for the first consensus alone. Going to be a lot of happy 2015 StingRay owners receiving their beauties early-to-mid September (best estimates).

2015 "Pacific" model.

Wondering???

Which StingRay Forums member will be the first to receive their 2015?
When the first one with an eight-speed automatic will arrive?
When the first Shark Gray one will be delivered?
(Sorry, orderers of Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic, for that is a "delayed availability" option, with another top dealer suggesting, not by just a week or two.)

This confirmation today fits well with all previous/consistent reportings that 2014 production will cease at 2:42 Friday, August 8th, with 2015 production starting, in the shortest, just 64 hour Corvette model year changeover ever, at the start of shift 6:12 AM, Monday, August 11th.

Dave is expecting his 48 orders to be status 3000 by Tuesday, July 1st.

Wa-hoo!!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
WOW! Very exciting! that pacific picture is gorgeous!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice to hit milestones, though human nature being what it is, once we hit was once was a goal, we immediately create a new one down the road. Won't August 11th be nice!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Going to be a lot of happy 2015 StingRay owners receiving their beauties early-to-mid September (best estimates).

Wondering???

Which StingRay Forums member will be the first to receive their 2015?
When the first one with an eight-speed automatic will arrive?
When the first Shark Gray one will be delivered?

Wa-hoo!!!
Love to be one of the first with all three...:cool:

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Okay, first 2015 delivered, to FCCCVP, his Shark Gray, 8-speed auto, today, September 6th!!!! You're buying pizza for the whole forum if my wish turns out to be true. (Okay, just for every forum member who shows up at your house that Saturday night.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got a question.....Have 2015 Z51 ordered at my historical dealer (3 previous), optioned out to the tune of about $75K. (no constraint items, except Z51 limitations) I know the folks pretty well. They sold about 25 2014's. I am number 2 on the list. So I assume my order may go in sooner than later(??) BUT Are the allocations separated beyond coupe and convertible? Is there a Z51 category for acceptance or is the order merely rejected prior to giving it a 2000 status?

Thanks for any assistance. Just like to know what to expect......

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like you have done your homework, and am betting you saw this thread, but if not:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-purchasing/4463-caution-2015-z-51-buyers.html

You will get a Z-51 from your dealer, but as you asked, "when?" My belief is that you will not see it in September, perhaps not even by mid-October based on total sales. If you dealer is typical, given that you estimate total sales at 25, he/she sold about 17 coupes and 9 convertibles. And, further extrapolating, he sold 8 Z-51 coupes and 4 Z-51 convertibles.

As in that link, constraints on the Z-51 will be with us for many months, though the ZF1 package could result in constraints ending earlier, say during ?November?

No, there are not Z-51 allocations versus non Z-51 allocations in the strict sense (not differentiated as you know in the strict coupe versus convertible sense where that line can not be breached). However, dealers with higher annual allocations are clearly and repeatedly preferenced in terms of whether GM accepts one order from a top ten dealer, versus an order from a dealer that sold just eight Corvettes last year.

Are you #2 on their coupe list, or, are you # 2 overall, and, you want a coupe and the person ahead of you, #1 at your dealership, perhaps wants a convertible. And, even if the person ahead of you also wants a coupe, does that person want a base coupe or a Z-51 coupe? If you haven't already, would recommend you ask those very questions, to give yourself a better understanding of your probable delivery timetable.

Good luck!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Explain something to me: how can orders start to be accepted when a basic thing such as what the 2 new colors look like hasn't been revealed? Especially DSOM which hasn't been seen yet at all, at least TSG was displayed at auto shows.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Explain something to me: how can orders start to be accepted when a basic thing such as what the 2 new colors look like hasn't been revealed? Especially DSOM which hasn't been seen yet at all, at least TSG was displayed at auto shows.
Auto manufacturers do it every year, it's called early adopter syndrome. Some are willing to check the box on the order form sight and price unseen. The first 2 batches of orders will probably be placed without pricing being known, it's just the way it is with every new model year.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: FCCCVPMan

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Auto manufacturers do it every year, it's called early adopter syndrome. Some are willing to check the box on the order form sight and price unseen. The first 2 batches of orders will probably be placed without pricing being known, it's just the way it is with every new model year.

So, those waiting on Z06 pricing may have to officially place their order before knowing the price? Guess it won't matter. If a dealer gets your car, there will be someone else willing to buy it if you back out for financial reasons.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
So, those waiting on Z06 pricing may have to officially place their order before knowing the price? Guess it won't matter. If a dealer gets your car, there will be someone else willing to buy it if you back out for financial reasons.

Z06 pricing should be known before those order banks open later this year but it's quite likely many will/have posted a deposit with a dealer to be placed on their list. That deposit basically gives you first right of refusal on that place in line so if they announce pricing and you decide it's not worth it you just refuse, get your deposit back and they move on to the next customer on the list. If pricing is not announced before the order banks open you should have the right to place the order with unknown pricing or back out and let the next person in line roll the dice. Ultimately, regardless how the order is placed I doubt any dealer will have a problem if you back out once the car is delivered considering there will probably be a lengthy list of potential buyers at most dealerships with allocation. The only wild card would be someone who orders an oddball configuration which might make it harder to sell.

Again, this is exactly the way it works for any new model release for any manufacturer. Nothing really unique about the C7 or GM.

·
Registered
533 Posts

You are correct. I changed my order from Cyber Gray to what was know at the time to Tiger Shark Gray back in Feb. for two reasons.
First I saw pictures of the new Shark Gray and liked the contrast better with the Carbon Flash Vents, Spoiler etc. Second I wanted the PDR and was hoping to see the A8 auto but that was just a plus. I'm not rich but the cost is the cost, be it a 2014 or 2015. I have a great relationship with my daeler and worked out a flat discount amount and tearms that we have put inpalce. So for me it's just been all about the wait.

Reactions: greggshere

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
'15 StingRay orders going in and officially being accepted by GM starting this Thursday: price unknown.. (Pricing according to top dealers not known until about mid July.)

'15 Z06 orders going in, best estimates, early September, yet again, many believe Z06 pricing not until late September.

If any "startling, but unexpected news," such an option increasing way more than we thought, e.g. "(CFZ) Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package - Carbon Flash-Painted", coming in at $2,495, a purchaser can always say to the dealer, no thanks, you keep this one, and order me my car a without it.

As noted above, most first orderers would proceed anyway. There are advantages to not being in the first month of production, including for new options such as WA8 (clear protective film), assembly line workers will have done many before they do this on your car, knowing the exact price before you order, etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Elegant for all the info! Don't know how you do it!

I got a call from the dealer yesterday and he told me I was in fact #1 on the list not 2. This dealer is a very large Chevrolet dealer and did get a few additional allocations in 2014 and now 15 as well. So they advised they had made some calls and had some verbal approvals and confirmations coming on Monday and would send me the email trail. Fingers crossed for sooner than later!

Happy 4th everyone!

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congratulations "55tireman," not just getting your order accepted, but for your dealer committing to an email trail. While all dealers have the ability to provide you the latest order status info from their WorkBench program, and/or to e mail that info to you (the identical info, at the identical time that ChevroletCustomerCare has it), your dealer is going to do that for you.

Starting Tuesday, July 1st, this currently-existing-thread will be unlocked and for all with 2015 orders, be a place for you to ascertain your status.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...ng/4608-chevcustcare-2015-order-tracking.html

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
We absolutely couldn't stomach the 'order without knowing the price' thing. :rolleyes:

Glad due to our own vacation constraints our order shouldn't be placed in the system until Oct because we want a Nov TPW.

Excited to hear the switchover of the plant is all on schedule and such though. Yippee!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey, good news I guess!, 2015-3LT Z51 Coupe ordered on Thursday 6/26. Status code 2000 Priority 1 on Friday 6/27. Hurry up and wait. AND be wondering what it' actually going to cost! Momma would call me crazy. Buying a car I've never driven, a car I've never seen and don't have a clue what it's going to cost or when I'm going to get it! Geez, maybe momma did raise a fool!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey, good news I guess!, 2015-3LT Z51 Coupe ordered on Thursday 6/26. Status code 2000 Priority 1 on Friday 6/27. Hurry up and wait. AND be wondering what it' actually going to cost! Momma would call me crazy. Buying a car I've never driven, a car I've never seen and don't have a clue what it's going to cost or when I'm going to get it! Geez, maybe momma did raise a fool!
Awesome! Not sure I could have rolled those dice... well maybe I could have, but I know how the outcome would have been with the wife... NOT GOOD!.
I made the safe choice with a 2015 Z51... I will always have a sad feeling when I see a 2015 Z06 on the road though. Happy for you... Enjoy that beast

1 - 19 of 19 Posts