• "Tiger Shark Gray"

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • "Shark Gray"

Votes: 11 39.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GM's internal color name for the new 2015 gray is "Fusion Gray." They are debating whether to publicly call it "Tiger Shark Gray" or "Shark Gray."

·
Registered
378 Posts
I guess I don't understand, what difference does it make if it's Grey, Gray, Shark gray, tigershark gray, battleship grey, Confederate Gray, etc. Who would honestly see an importance to it?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I guess I don't understand, what difference does it make if it's Grey, Gray, Shark gray, tigershark gray, battleship grey, Confederate Gray, etc. Who would honestly see an importance to it?
I heard it referred to as Shark Gray in Daytona.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, color name is small potatoes, especially compared to HP/TQ levels, whether MSRC should be a stand alone option in 2015, etc.

However, it is rare that GM publicly shares that they are considering different options. This is admittedly small, but our chance to not only give input, and hopefully, in a 1% manner, by giving specific feedback to GM, perhaps therefore increase their reaching out to its customers, to us, asking us for input before every decision has already made by them.

I have previously taken this forum's collective opinion to Corvette leaders (via e mails) and this poll was asking to see if this is something we wanted to input into GM's decision making process -- especially and unusually because they don't often, up-front, say they are considering both "X" and "Y."

·
Registered
35 Posts
neither. they should keep with the racing theme of LRG and call it Daytona Grey, Sebring Grey or Indy Grey.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think it should be called "just for men touch of grey". Other choices are "I'm gonna wash that grey right out of my hair, grey" and "1980's boom box grey"

Thanks

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard it referred to as Shark Gray in Daytona.
Saw on a video shot at the Corvette Corral, when Harlan called it exactly what you heard Mark at Daytona, e.g., "Shark Gray." Also saw this quote in CorvetteBlogger,

"We spoke with Corvette Exterior Manager Kirk Bennion about the (2015) colors and he confirmed with us that 2014 will be the last year for the popular Cyber Gray. In 2015, the yet un-named color will be take its place. GM uses different names internally than what we know, and the internal color name (for the new color) is called “Fusion Gray”. Bennion says they are still working on the official name but two names he mentioned are “Shark Gray” and “Tiger Shark Gray”.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have a Deposit On a 2015 Tiger Shark Gray..... or Shark Gray. I could care less its a GREAT Color. BUT,,,,,,,Make it Tiger Shark Gray.lol

·
Registered
504 Posts
My vote is "Tiger Shark". no mention of gray

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
neither. they should keep with the racing theme of LRG and call it Daytona Grey, Sebring Grey or Indy Grey.
I second Daytona Gray! I believe the brand has done a good job in creating a connection color wise with many of their color names through a racing connection / heritage. I think that connection should be continued / expanded in the naming of this new color.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually, being an avid scuba diver and lover all all things "Shark," I have observed Tiger Sharks from the length of my speargun. TIGER SHARKS have brown/beige tones mixed with a blue/grey. SO…let's keep it accurate and just go with SHARK GREY!

·
Registered
281 Posts
As an avid scuba diver who also loves everything Shark and Sharkish, I prefer the name Tiger Shark Gray. Of course, in all fairness, I also love everything Tiger and Tigery. And chocolate. And bacon. Wait… What were we talking about?

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
As an avid scuba diver who also loves everything Shark and Sharkish, I prefer the name Tiger Shark Gray. Of course, in all fairness, I also love everything Tiger and Tigery. And chocolate. And bacon. Wait… What were we talking about? Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum
mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....bacon..... what color is bacon?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts