Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Thanks Bob, another great Z06 find by you!!! Interesting tidbits scattered throughout, such as the only way to get dark gray calipers, is to get the Z07 package. A "key info" found inside above post's link, is this major weight spec.

Weight is sure more than we wanted, but not the 3,600-3,700 pounds earlier estimated by a top magazine. Off to study it, to see any other interesting tidbits, though overall very, very consistent with previously released information.

One surprise is the WA8, protective paint partial wrap, remains, though it is explicit that one can not get it with dual racing stripes. What other changes/additions can we find?

·
18,670 Posts
Think today will be "tidbit" day, as some of us Z06-addicted pour over the new Order Guide.

Here's a surprise: If you get a 1LZ with competition seats, no interior option color choice other than black.

And, for the first time we have learned that option TTV (carbon flash black mirrors and rear spoiler) is available, a surprise for we had not previously seen a single Z06 with black mirrors.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm missing on how I would select either the Stage 1 or Stage 2 aero pieces?
I see the Z07 option, but not a differentiation on the Aero Stages?

The 1LZ, 2LZ, 3LZ is strictly interior correct and not the exterior aero stages?

·
18,670 Posts
One selects/does nothing and the car will come as a stage 1 -- and has no aero pieces order options.

To create/order a stage 2, all one does is to select either option CFZ (carbon flash black aero pkg.) or option CFV (visible carbon fiber aero pkg.) -- nothing more.

Correct that 1LZ, 2LZ and 3LZ is interior only.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
I'm missing on how I would select either the Stage 1 or Stage 2 aero pieces?
I see the Z07 option, but not a differentiation on the Aero Stages?

The 1LZ, 2LZ, 3LZ is strictly interior correct and not the exterior aero stages?
Z07 comes with stage 3 aero pkg.

·
18,670 Posts
GM Online Order / Reference Guide

However, that will give you the entire 2015 StingRay/Z06 guide, intermixed, and so thanks to Bob's great work (post # 1), we have a unique, Z06 Order Guide (without StingRay info).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thank you Bob! Now to sit down with my notepad and make some decisions.
Janet

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
This was awesome, Bob! Also, I really like the way most of the default options are put together. I note that the black badges are standard, and the chrome badges are the option (reverse to the StingRays). Default and optional caliper colors are also swapped from the StingRays, but that is a nice touch, in my opinion.

What is the "Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package" which is only available in the 3LZ? What are the dashes covered with on the 2LZ by default?

Overall, I really like the way the packages are put together, except I wish the PDR could be ordered without having to get the NAV tagging along with it.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
YES! Thank you Bob. This should keep me preoccupied for awhile....... I'll be able to put together a "REAL" spec sheet now. In about 10-12 days we can tie the prices into our dream builds and figure out the damages.. :) GOOD TIMES!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Out of curiosity how much are most of you guys willing to spend on a Z06? My local dealer said a well optioned car should come out around 90-100k. Are most of you planning on tracking the car? Only reason I could see needing 600+ HP is if you're serious about racing. I guess no matter what you do with the vehicle it's a bargain compared to it's competitors.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Out of curiosity how much are most of you guys willing to spend on a Z06? My local dealer said a well optioned car should come out around 90-100k. Are most of you planning on tracking the car? Only reason I could see needing 600+ HP is if you're serious about racing. I guess no matter what you do with the vehicle it's a bargain compared to it's competitors.
No, I am not planning on tracking any car. I just love the way the Z06 looks. I have waited a long time for a Corvette, so I might as well go all out when I get it.

It will get groceries, and be lightning quick when I accelerate up to speed to merge in with freeway traffic. :)

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
This was awesome, Bob! Also, I really like the way most of the default options are put together. I note that the black badges are standard, and the chrome badges are the option (reverse to the StingRays). Default and optional caliper colors are also swapped from the StingRays, but that is a nice touch, in my opinion.

What is the "Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package" which is only available in the 3LZ? What are the dashes covered with on the 2LZ by default?

Overall, I really like the way the packages are put together, except I wish the PDR could be ordered without having to get the NAV tagging along with it.
By the way, the 3LZ-only feature I am talking about above is "Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package, features leather-wrapped upper instrument panel, upper door trim panels and console storage cover." I am NOT talking about IWE; I know what that is.

If you don't get the 3LZ, then what material is used on the upper instrument panel, the upper door trim panels, and console storage cover on the 2LZ?

Thanks for any information!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So far I noticed the leather used in the 1LZ and 2LZ GT bucket seats is different from the 3LZ. The 1LZ and 2LZ uses what GM refers to as "Perforated Mulan Leather and the 3LZ "Napa Leather." Not sure of what the difference is, other than perhaps the Napa leather is perhaps higher quality than the Mulan leather. But the Mulan leather is all that's used on the competition seats with optional suede microfiber inserts..... This is at least how I understood it.

·
18,670 Posts
If you don't get the 3LZ, then what material is used on the upper instrument panel, the upper door trim panels, and console storage cover on the on the 2LZ.
On a 2LT it is "Mulan" leather, compared to "Napa" leather on the 3LT. Mulan can appear to have nap, is not as soft, and lacks a little "richness." It is a little more rigid to the touch. However, both have been subject to the identical GM wear and abrasion tests and are equal in both areas. And from five feet away, you will not be able to tell the difference, but when inside the car, you will be caressed by the buttery-soft Napa if you choose 3LT.

Worth the diff? We could all write responses for years and years, 24/7, and never agree to the answer to that question. To each, their own.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts