Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a fortuitous invite to Pratt & Miller Engineering this morning. They are the folks who recently built the Corvette Race Team C7.R's, and the C5.R and the C6.R race cars before that. What a fantastic experience to see and talk with their principals! Also, had the privilege of having two sessions at the Pratt and Miller's raceshop facilities, one shop session, and another office session, both led by Doug Feehan, Program Manager GM Corvette Racing. The two C7.R's, recently back from the roar "Before the Rolex," were getting prepped for the January 25-26th Rolex 24 race at Daytona International Raceway.

What has this to do with 2015 Corvette colors? When Doug was showing us and talking about the C7.R's, one person with us astutely noticed, looking at the body panels on the car (and their spares) asked, "is that a different yellow?"

The ever forthright and candid Mr. Feehan (we all love him for his candor and truthfulness) said that, yes, that is a different yellow. It is a brighter, and purer yellow, having less orange tint to it -- so said one of the P&M race car crew. Doug confirmed that when the cars debut in at Daytona, they will be wearing their new yellow and that the 2015 Corvettes will also wear that brighter yellow. He added that both the Z06 and the C7.R at the NAIAS show across town were, however, still wearing 2014 Velocity Yellow. No word on what the new 2015 Corvette yellow will be called.

Couple these comments and what we read in the following article debuting this afternoon from CorvetteBlogger, we have learned that the 2014 model year is also the last year for Cyber Gray, and that consequently two new 2015 Corvette colors will be coming. Probably bad news for those who were wishing that Atomic Orange would return next year and definitely bad news for the many Cyber Gray lovers.

Thanks CorvetteBlogger for the above comparison picture showing 2014 Cyber Gray and the new, 2015 "lighter" Corvette gray, tentatively named either Tiger Shark Gray or Shark Gray.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
as a cyber gray owner, I am ecstatic about this news, it means I won't be seeing my color on the highways as much in a few years and I'll be more exclusive....Cyber gray also mutes the black vents more than any other color avail, without them going away like the black option. Thank you Chevrolet....

·
Registered
957 Posts
I really do not understand them dropping cyber gray...I like the darker grays...and I thought it was one of the most popular colors????
But I understand what Glen is saying will be good for him.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So a different shade of gray, and a different shade of yellow? I was hoping for something a little more exciting.

·
Registered
219 Posts
as a cyber gray owner, I am ecstatic about this news, it means I won't be seeing my color on the highways as much in a few years and I'll be more exclusive....Cyber gray also mutes the black vents more than any other color avail, without them going away like the black option. Thank you Chevrolet....

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I am a little surprised they are dropping cyber grey as it is one of the most popular color for camaro as well. The new yellow might be interesting. Need to see this new grey in person but seems to stepping to close to silver.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Looking forward to the Tiger Shark Gray. I placed my order for a 2015 today. Loved the Cyber Gray but it was over sold in the C6 and C7. I just hope I like the New Gray as much as I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts