Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have good info on when the 2015's will start production? I'm also wondering when the dealers will be ready to take orders(and have the prices and changes in options, etc.)? Thanks
'

·
Registered
4,607 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I am waiting for the same info Doug.

Lots of guys have said that we should get announcements about 2015 options / more details at the NCM Bash coming up 4/24 - 26 I think it is? Lots of Vette engineers and such are there and apparently it is normal to see announcements then historically. Of course, a strike would mess up stuff, as Chip said.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
I don't see how a strike would impact the start of MY 2015 production unless the strike happens in the July/August timeframe.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Not sure how it all works, but I was just thinking of a cascade effect if there was a strike for a month with x units already on order, wouldn't everything be pushed forward a month? Who knows! Don't want to stress on it though!

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Not sure how it all works, but I was just thinking of a cascade effect if there was a strike for a month with x units already on order, wouldn't everything be pushed forward a month? Who knows! Don't want to stress on it though!
Yes, Suzy, I agree. That is why I said a strike in July/August could impact the start of MY 2015. Given the time from when GM accepts an order to the TPW, I don't see a strike in June affecting the start of MY2015 production.

Of course, I could be wrong.

However, a strike anytime from now until June could impact how many MY 2014 eventually get built, because GM would probably stop advancing orders to 2000.

·
18,669 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Still believing that for a wide variety of reasons, there is less than a 5% chance of a strike. For those wanting to further discuss the strike issue, here's a good place:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-news/3767-strike-coming-bgap-4.html

If it were to happen, the factory would, upon return, go on overtime/catch-up mode.
And if they did strike history shows it would be very short, measured in days or even hours.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts