Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Stingray Convertible Z51 3LT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this car and it does not have front or side air dams/deflectors. Does anyone know if this year/model came with them or did the previous owner(s) remove them?

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
Welcome to our forum Russell and congrats on your Z51. Without your posting a picture, I am going to presume you are talking about the rubber 'air deflectors' under the front bumper. The Z51 did not come OEM with a center deflector, but did have the right and left side units. The non Z51 had all 3. A number of members have removed theirs (typically after damaging on a low curb for example) and not replaced them without any issues.

For related posts see Search results for query: original front air deflectors

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to our forum Russell and congrats on your Z51. Without your posting a picture, I am going to presume you are talking about the rubber 'air deflectors' under the front bumper. The Z51 did not come OEM with a center deflector, but did have the right and left side units. The non Z51 had all 3. A number of members have removed theirs (typically after damaging on a low curb for example) and not replaced them without any issues.

For related posts see Search results for query: original front air deflectors
Thanks Jeff! I kind of figured that whatever came as OEM had been removed and not replaced and for the exact reason you mentioned!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I recently purchased this car and it does not have front or side air dams/deflectors. Does anyone know if this year/model came with them or did the previous owner(s) remove them?
Hi Russel, good luck and enjoy your new C7 Z51.
Interested to know the price you paid and the mileage of your new car.
Was it from a dealer or private sale?
Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
These things are functional, as they are part of an aero package that prevents under steer. They initially had the center piece as well, but found that that produced too much correction for under steer, and actully created over steer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.
Thanks.
8,068 miles $49,600 Dealer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts