Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Z06 - Is any else experiencing engine Bog off the line?

I had a 2014 Z51 Stingray that jumper off the line and just accelerated from there. I traded it for a 2016 Z06 which is an monster but bogs down off the line for a half a second or so then the car launches. RPMs drop about 1,000rpm then quickly recovers. This is my first experience with a Supercharged car,is the bog normal. I have to get rid go this bog....any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and Thx.
Traction Control is on.
I usually drive in Sport mode and I did try it a few times in Track but it was the same or a little worst in Track.
I leave at 2500rpm and it bogs to 1000-1500rpm but quickly recovers. If start any higher then 2500rpm I get some wheel spin.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Some wheel spin is OK. I generally spin about 1/2 way between first and second. There is no way around that with this car. Use your 0-60 timer to see which is better for you. I launch at 4K, but don't just drop the clutch, a fast but consistent release. I get less wheel spin off the line but I still get wheel spin. Too much clutch feathering and you will smell the clutch. Floor it when you think the tires hook up. It's hard to do, but it works for me. My best on the street with no burnout is 3.4 (Maybe slower than you, who knows!)

Freeway on ramps only.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll play with it at 4k and see how it goes....thx. Yes, I only do freeway ramps...there the best.
The best 0-60 time with my 2014 Z51 M7 was 4.3. GM says 3.9sec for that car so I'm pumped about getting some 0-60 times with the Z06. The issue is that the timer is gone from the PERF settings in the 2016. I'm hoping GM moved it and di not removed it for 2016. Do you have a 2015 or 16?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a 2015 Z06. I don't understand why they took the 0-60 timer away on the 2016's. It is fun and from what I have read, is very accurate.

I also think I saw one blog somewhere where someone had a 2.9 or so second time, stock(at the track), but with the automatic.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a 2015 Z06. I don't understand why they took the 0-60 timer away. It is fun and from what I have read, is very accurate.

I also think I saw one blog somewhere where someone had a 2.9 or so second time, stock(at the track), but with the automatic.
My '15 Z06 has the 0-60 timer. It's under the performance menu on your gauge cluster. I have a M7 also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I know, it was so much fun. My dealer got back to me this morning after contacting GM and said that the word around is that its gone off the gauge cluster and incorporated into the PDR for 2016. So it's still not definite. I only have my for about a week and just received a SD card for the PDR. So I'll play with it this week and let you know.
Actually, I had the car for two weeks but had an in-grill radar detector installed, tinted all glass and headlights for Arizona driving then had it Ceramic coated for paint correction and protection so haven't had much driving time...300 miles.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i just received my '16 Z06. i just hit the 500 mi mark so I've kept it under 4K rpm. however, i have not had any bogging issues launching at just under 4k....perhaps, if i were to floor it bogging might occur. i wonder whether the high traction offer by those meaty 335 rears contribute to Mild stalling.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll try launching at 3500ish and see if that eliminates the bog. It may be that 2500 (which is my normal pull out from a light with my 2014 Z51) may be just to conservative for the Supercharger. I'll play around with ...Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That did it...Thx. I was a little light on the pedal during brake-in but 3500 to 4000 launches beautifully with no bog. Thanks again

·
Registered
155 Posts
Timer is not gone it's there under track mode you just have to find it, the G force horse power all of it is still there just moved it don't like where they put it but it's all there on my 2016 Z06

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Just installed a vmax ported tb on a customers car. night and day difference in response throttle wise. Usually they have a lag. not anymore. I will be getting one on mine and doing a dyno to see if makes few more hp.

·
Registered
10,555 Posts
2016 Z06 - Is any else experiencing engine Bog off the line?

I had a 2014 Z51 Stingray that jumper off the line and just accelerated from there. I traded it for a 2016 Z06 which is an monster but bogs down off the line for a half a second or so then the car launches. RPMs drop about 1,000rpm then quickly recovers. This is my first experience with a Supercharged car,is the bog normal. I have to get rid go this bog....any suggestions?
Well, this is an old thread, but I just rediscovered it today.

Yes, I have the "bog down" that you are referring to above in my 2016 Z06 A8 when in Tour mode. It is so bad I consider it dangerous in certain situations. However, I find the hesitation livable when in Sport.

Since a supercharger does not have to spool up like a turbo, I think this bog is NOT normal. I think it is due to the GM programmers for the throttle progression going overboard in numbing down the throttle.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Well, this is an old thread, but I just rediscovered it today.

Yes, I have the "bog down" that you are referring to above in my 2016 Z06 A8 when in Tour mode. It is so bad I consider it dangerous in certain situations. However, I find the hesitation livable when in Sport.

Since a supercharger does not have to spool up like a turbo, I think this bog is NOT normal. I think it is due to the GM programmers for the throttle progression going overboard in numbing down the throttle.
Rodney, that can be very dangerous if you're trying to cross a four lane highway that is heavily traveled.

SF
Rick

Reactions: rdslon01
1 - 17 of 17 Posts