Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its looks like I need to get the recall done on the 2017 steering loss. I would like to know what is needed to fix the recall. If a forum member had it done please share some details. I wonder why just the 2017 is suspect. Charlie aka cutnout

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the recall done. The steering box is new. Charlie aka cutnout
Its looks like I need to get the recall done on the 2017 steering loss. I would like to know what is needed to fix the recall. If a forum member had it done please share some details. I wonder why just the 2017 is suspect. Charlie aka cutnout

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Did you get notified from GM about this recall? I have a 2017 GS and no notice came to me unless I missed it somehow.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Bryan, I received mine several months ago but no parts were available. I received another. Notice this week and it now appears the part is available. You can check your VIN# thru the My Chevrolet app.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The recall affected Camero's and Corvettes and I got the recall months ago with a followup a couple of weeks ago as I was talking to On-Star. Parts were slow in coming. However the recall was due to a different supplier and you might not be in the Vins involved. I would definitely check as a steering failure in traffic could be interesting. charlie
Did you get notified from GM about this recall? I have a 2017 GS and no notice came to me unless I missed it somehow.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Bryan, I received mine several months ago but no parts were available. I received another. Notice this week and it now appears the part is available. You can check your VIN# thru the My Chevrolet app.
I stopped by the dealer I use for service to make an appointment to get this fixed. Service Advisor stated they had to order the part and it would take 2 weeks to get it. Left the dealer and on my way home got a call telling me to bring it in tomorrow. Service Advisor said they are they are doing one every other day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This recall is designed to eliminate a potential failure. A loss of steering in say Atlanta going home traffic could be a real experience. I will put some mileage on the Corvette the end of this month as I head to a show in Jackson Ms. cutnout aka Charlie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts