Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning on switching out the non-carbon fiber trim pieces on my 2018 Carbon 65 Z06 with Carbon Fiber ones since some came stock carbon fiber and others are carbon flash. This would include the rear diffuser, side Z06 front air vents, hood air vent, front fender spat moldings, side mirror caps, Corvette logos, taillight bezels, stage 3 winglets, and rear brake side air vents.

Can anyone recommend a vendor for these items that is fairly reasonably priced but decent quality and will possibly give a discount for purchasing all items at once?

Also, for those of you that have actually done some of this, what sort of difficulty would it be replacing these items?

Although GM did a really good job on the Carbon 65 and I love the car I feel that all these items should have come factory installed being that it is a Carbon 65 and Carbon is in the name. I was very surprised that the front stage 3 winglets are in Carbon Flash but the front splitter is Carbon Fiber although it did come with the stage 2 carbon fiber winglets in a bag.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Carbon 65.jpg
IMG_1390.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
One piece of advice. Every manufacturer does carbon different in terms of lay and grain and finish. If you are going to do it, get it all from one place and then have it installed.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I’ve converted 85% of carbon flash to APR Carbon Fiber (Mirrors, Splitter, Winglets, Skirts, Rear Z06 Upper Scoops, Rear Spoiler, Front Side Vents, Dash, Competition Seat Bezels, Front Wheel Spats, Taillight Bezels, (OEM Carbon Fiber top) and the rear diffuser is in the future. Soooooo this is my self-made Stage 3 Z51 Carbon Fiber Edition!

APR's Quality is the best in class in the market and better than OEM in my opinion but their products are expensive but you get what you pay for. I have seen cars that people have different carbon fiber from different vendors and they look mismatch and the cheaper price Carbon Fiber is no comparison to APR Carbon Fiber. The Carbon 65 Carbon Fiber is top shelf and better than the other GM Carbon Fiber so I assume its different.

I would say that if you are going to swap out your Carbon Flash as I did to stick with one Carbon Fiber vendor manufacturer so that you have consistency in the color and weave. I do think that APR is probably as close to OEM Carbon Fiber as I have an OEM Carbon Fiber Top that I bought and it matches very closely and I am OCD and pleased. You have a beautiful car so put the best on it and keep it that way.

I am not just posting to just post pictures but trying to give you a good idea on how APR products look on an actual car.

PS: If you want more information just PM me.

IMG_6300.jpg

APR Bezel.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

spat.jpg

Stage 3.jpg

Stage 3 Carbon Fiber.jpg

F9D0FF85-.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

I am planning on switching out the non-carbon fiber trim pieces on my 2018 Carbon 65 Z06 with Carbon Fiber ones since some came stock carbon fiber and others are carbon flash. This would include the rear diffuser, side Z06 front air vents, hood air vent, front fender spat moldings, side mirror caps, Corvette logos, taillight bezels, stage 3 winglets, and rear brake side air vents.

Can anyone recommend a vendor for these items that is fairly reasonably priced but decent quality and will possibly give a discount for purchasing all items at once?

Also, for those of you that have actually done some of this, what sort of difficulty would it be replacing these items?

Although GM did a really good job on the Carbon 65 and I love the car I feel that all these items should have come factory installed being that it is a Carbon 65 and Carbon is in the name. I was very surprised that the front stage 3 winglets are in Carbon Flash but the front splitter is Carbon Fiber although it did come with the stage 2 carbon fiber winglets in a bag.

Thanks in advance for any info.

View attachment 267452
View attachment 267454

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Kgrant, outstanding job. Curious what you did with all the OEM parts you replaced?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks Ateupjoe,

I sold all of the parts (Splitter/Skirts/Mirror/Spoiler/Hood vent to other corvette owners which helped with the net cost. The only thing that I was never was able to sale with the upper rear quarter panel air scoops as they aren't worth anything.

Kgrant, outstanding job. Curious what you did with all the OEM parts you replaced?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Great job Kgrant. She looks great.

·
Administrator
15,035 Posts
The Rear Carbon Fiber Diffuser with Build in Fins and Carbon Fiber Bezels looks very sharp. Well done kgrant.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Car looks outstanding!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 2015 Z51 and want to install a diffuser like yours. Did you replace the original spoiler or just the Bezels? Vendor? Thank You.

·
Registered
420 Posts
My Rear Deck Spoiler, Rear Diffuser and Taillight Bezels all are "APR Performance" Brand Carbon Fiber. Shop around for vendors as pricing is all over the place and APR is expensive as it is.

I found an online vendor and developed a relationship and get good savings as a repeat customer from what other online vendors advertise.

I've switched most of my Carbon Flash to Carbon Fiber but I do one part at a time since they are expensive and don't want my wife to kill me with large lump sum purchases. I can keep one part purchase at a time under the radar and the wife doesn't miss it or it slips in under the radar.

Keep my dirty little secret with the GUYS - You know the Guy Code, right? What goes on with the Corvette stays with the Corvette Family and not the Wife...... LOL :)

I have a 2015 Z51 and want to install a diffuser like yours. Did you replace the original spoiler or just the Bezels? Vendor? Thank You.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Because of your recommendation, I purchased and installed an APR Stage 3 Z07 spoiler. I love the quality, it fit like a glove and looks great. Thank you for your help. Hope you won't mind if I get back to you on other questions in the future? Thanks again, Gary

·
Registered
420 Posts
Gary,

You are welcome! The forum is a family of corvette owners who have all types of knowledge and skillsets that everyone is willing to share and if nearby help out. We all pay it forward as so many have helped each of us ranging from answers to a question to simple or complex DIY projects. Glad you like it and feel free to ask me or anyone else questions on this forum as we all learn from each and every post.

Because of your recommendation, I purchased and installed an APR Stage 3 Z07 spoiler. I love the quality, it fit like a glove and looks great. Thank you for your help. Hope you won't mind if I get back to you on other questions in the future? Thanks again, Gary

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the info! Your car looks awesome. Yea I have had trouble finding good matching CF for the Carbon 65 as it is very high quality CF on it. I will check out APR.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts