Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting about the 7th annual Corvette Invasion!!

This year we will INVADE the City of Bastrop Texas on Friday and Saturday before we caravan out on Sunday to the Circuit of the Americas Race Track.

Friday Morning: Vendors will be open to the public all day.
That evening we will host a "Meet and Greet" at the Convention Center in Bastrop.

Saturday Morning: There will be Car Show at the Convention Center parking lot from 9:00am-1:00pm. Awards will start at 1:00pm

Vendors will be indoors on Friday and Saturday.

(Offsite parking will be available for all visitors)

Saturday Evening: First (300) Corvettes registered will parade downtown before exploring Bastrop that night.

Sunday Morning: We will meetup in Bastrop and caravan over to the Circuit of the Americas for "Parade Laps" on the only F1 track in America.

Visit the website for more details
www.CorvetteInvasion.com

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
We are finally going to make this one!! Hooray, can't wait to meet you.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bryan, great to hear! Make sure to register soon - I think there are only 300 spots this year.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Hey Bryan, great to hear! Make sure to register soon - I think there are only 300 spots this year.
Haha. Ask Shawn how fast I signed up!

·
Registered
222 Posts
the Hampton Inn host hotel already shows booked for those dates? Do I need to call and mention I'm with the invasion? Or are they really already full?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
the Hampton Inn host hotel already shows booked for those dates? Do I need to call and mention I'm with the invasion? Or are they really already full?
Craig, I might use Marriott points and drive 20 miles back towards Austin. Haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would call just to check.. Let me know - I can contact the organizers to find out more if needed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i just signed up. Know of at least one other C7Z owner coming up from San Antonio

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard that only 15 rooms were left at the Hampton Inn Bastrop host hotel - Please contact General Manager, Tammy Johnson 512-321-2898 and mention "Corvette Invasion" if you wanted to book there.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you are attending the Corvette Invasion and want to do actual hot laps on track on Sunday July 21, here is your chance for $150 for one 30 min session. This is run by Edge Addicts who host more HPDE's and Track days at COTA than any other. They are a first class operation and focus on safety and driver education.

Corvette Invasion Hot Laps

This offer is open to any Corvette Invasion participant (convertibles must have factory rollover protection or aftermarket).

Your registration gives you one at-speed sessions on track, in your car, with an instructor. Each session is approximately 30 minutes long. Also provided, is one classroom sessions that helps explain the fundamentals of performance driving. Multiple sessions can be purchased if you would like more time on track.

You must be currently registered for Corvette Invasion, and Your Corvette Invasion registration number must be added in the notes section, registrations will be verified.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you are attending the Corvette Invasion and want to do actual hot laps on track on Sunday July 21, here is your chance for $150 for one 30 min session. This is run by Edge Addicts who host more HPDE's and Track days at COTA than any other. They are a first class operation and focus on safety and driver education.

Corvette Invasion Hot Laps

This offer is open to any Corvette Invasion participant (convertibles must have factory rollover protection or aftermarket).

Your registration gives you one at-speed sessions on track, in your car, with an instructor. Each session is approximately 30 minutes long. Also provided, is one classroom sessions that helps explain the fundamentals of performance driving. Multiple sessions can be purchased if you would like more time on track.

You must be currently registered for Corvette Invasion, and Your Corvette Invasion registration number must be added in the notes section, registrations will be verified.
I registered for this.... should be fun. Do I need to bring helmet?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I used my Marriott points to book near the airport.

If you signed up for the Hot Laps, I notice the instructions say we need car number decals: "All cars that drive on track need to have identifying numbers on each side. The numbers should be 10 to 12 inches tall. You can use blue painters tape, or have vinyl numbers cut prior to the event."

Since I own my Big Bend Open Road Race number for lifetime, been thinking about having some made...... anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts