Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok! One week out - when is everyone getting into town? I might not be able to get down to Bastrop until Saturday morning...

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Well I originally had planned to come down Friday afternoon....might still do it since there is a nice cruiser show in Belton on the way (see link here: Rod Chopperz Cruise Nite - Monthly)

IF I don't make it down Friday, Marcho Polo and I will be leaving at 5AM Saturday to be there for 9AM!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I may be able to make it on Friday afternoon, depending on if I can get out of work. If not, I'll be there early on Saturday as well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well you won’t be able to miss my car at the event thanks to a 19 year old that doesn’t know how to yield when entering a traffic circle.

:numbness:

I will have to head to the dealer in the morning to see about getting alignment, a new rim and possibly a tire, so that I will feel comfortable doing the track event.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,019 Posts
Ouch Marcho Polo! Hopefully it did not affect your front end geometry.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ouch Marcho Polo! Hopefully it did not affect your front end geometry.
I'll find out tomorrow when I get to my dealer. I'll have them check it out and align it. I already called to file a claim, but unlikely to get things done before the event this weekend, so I may just have to get things going now on my own.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
On a brighter note, we both got to change out our brake fluid to DOT 4! Did ranger clutch fluid swap too. Thanks marcho polo for all the help could not have done it without you. Will put my new "older" rear tires on for the track and then I'm all set.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just got back from dealer. Alignment was bad on that wheel... toe was out of spec quite a bit, which was expected. Got new alignment, swapped out rear tires so now I have tires with no plugs in them... they checked the rim and said it's not bent or out of round that they can tell. They felt I'm ok to drive on it, just cosmetic damage. So I guess I'm ready to go.

·
Registered
253 Posts
looks like my car wont be ready in time...sucks I am out the $100 for the parade laps and car show :(

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
We’re here!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Great looking photos of the good ol' Texas boys in action. :cool:

·
Registered
222 Posts
while I certainly didn't set any lap records on Sunday during the Edge Addicts session at COTA, here is a 5 minute video of some of the 25 minute session. It was a novice session, with an instructor, and very crowded. I never got a lap where I wasn't waiting on a straight for someone to let me by.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Great run. Loved that noise was music to my ears.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Great video and love the various camera angles you edited together. And the sound effects are great!!

How does COTA compare to NCM Motorsport park?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Great video and love the various camera angles you edited together. And the sound effects are great!!

How does COTA compare to NCM Motorsport park?
Thanks!

They are very similar tracks to me... but I think I like COTA a little better. The NCM track is very fun though, as was COTA. The only times I've driven NCM is during the 'parade' laps, but I have had some of those that were just as fast as what I did at COTA on Sunday, just no passing. I've hit 125 on straight at NCM, and 90 in curves, if you get the right pace car driver and there are not too many people present at the time they will go pretty fast. I'll definitely do another session at COTA but it will have to be when they don't have 100 new people show up in one day! About the time I finally got around everyone, the session was over.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Anxiously awaiting the photo bundle I purchased for $25 from PhotoMotion! Here's a teaser they posted.

2019-07-21_EA_COTA_RP_1633.jpg

21 - 40 of 43 Posts