Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I recently purchased new a 2019 Corvette Stingray. First Corvette I have owned and really enjoying it. Although I have not had the time to discuss this with the dealer I have noticed a warble sound emanating from the rear at different rpm’s but mostly 1300 to 1500 rpms. I have read older posts in different forums as well as this one. Having been a GM and Toyota service manager before I know that tracing sounds out of the norm are a technicians nightmare sometimes. Has anyone experienced the same sound and has anyone that has had it has it been fixed successfully. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
15,142 Posts
Welcome to our forum Paul. You don't state what model you purchased, but often a warble sound has been associated with the AFM (active fuel management) system and the performance exhaust system, opening and closing the valves in the rear exhaust system.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I get what I would call a warble sound from the rear. I dont hear it unless I'm going over 50. I believe it's the tires and or wheels.
I've already replaced both rear wheels due to them being bent. I dont recall if I heard the sound before the wheel issue or not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to our forum Paul. You don't state what model you purchased, but often a warble sound has been associated with the AFM (active fuel management) system and the performance exhaust system, opening and closing the valves in the rear exhaust system.
Thank you for your response Jeff. I have a 1LT, Blade Silver. Since I posted this and really nailed down when the sound is happening it is spot on at 1500 rpm. I have seen a few videos where you can here the same sound. My Vette performs perfectly well but the sound is annoying sometimes. Do you think there is a diaphragm or something that nature in the AFM that causes that. I’m a wrench turner from way back working on my own hot rods but the new designs and computer controlled layouts of today comes from the MIT district and brainiacs which leaves me out. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts