Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2019 LT1 with gray interior, the Driver seat back is showing blue were the seat belt goes across you. Does any one else have this happen to them. I add some pictures

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,096 Posts
First guess would be somehow your seats were blue to start, but that is highly doubtful. Have you looked at your seat belt to see if it is showing blue in the same basic area of contact? If you find it on the seat belt, it is more probably a transfer from something you are wearing that is blue.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Do you wear blue jeans? If so it might be blue jean dye transfer--a common issue with light interior colors. It should clean up with some good cleaners. I have had this problem with my Kalahari interior. My first solution was to simply get an inexpensive ($25) auto parts store seat cover in tan that I used all the time except for shows.That worked fine. Lately I have not been using it but I am very careful to place my left hand on the bolster and back into the car, rubbing my pants on my hand rather than the bolster or just keeping my jeans off the bolster. I have not had a big problem but it is now showing some darkening so I probably should give it a cleaning before I put it up for the winter anyway. --Bob

Reactions: kgrant (Kyle)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The area shown in your pics gets a lot of contact getting in and out of your car. I'm guessing it's from your clothes. I've noticed that on my blk interior so I take extra care to avoid dragging my body against the side bolsters or use a terry cloth seat cover and make sure it covers that area when I enter the car as much as possible.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
711 Posts
I agree that if you have a favorite pair of blue jeans that you wear often when driving that might be the case and likely won’t find it on passenger side?

As careful as I am getting in/out I still see some wear probably from the times where I wasn’t so careful and it’s in the same area.
Now if you say you don’t wear jeans often then I am not sure.

The bolsters leather is not very thick but I’m still surprised how they get marred on non daily drivers with low miles in the seat.

I think that these are the little things you run into and find out where GM cut cost in the durability of the leather in high contact area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts