Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just coated my stingray with 22PLE and it looks amazing. it rained here recently and the water just sheeted right off. Note the reflections in the side panel of the parking lot surface and hood reflection the brown building nearby. I'm really pleased with the effect, and hopefully, the protection it should provide.

stingray 1.jpg stingray 3.5.jpg Stingray 3.jpg

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Excellent, you really can't go wrong with any of the coatings when done right...how much was the total job?

What did the detailer instruct you to do for washing it? Any follow up products?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is his website. It has the pricing on it.

www.birminghamautodetailing.com

He appears quite knowledgable and experienced about products. He's sending me a list of car care products he recommends. I'll pass it on when I get it.

He said to just wash it normally. No special instructions. He gave me a bottle of Leatherique to take with me for the interior, which he did as well. I'm very pleased with his paint correction as there were some defects from careless dealer/factory paint treatment as well as the glass coating.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!!!

He did also give me some towels he wants me to use that he thinks are superior.

His motto is touch the car as little as possible when cleaning!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Thanks!!!

He did also give me some towels he wants me to use that he thinks are superior.

His motto is touch the car as little as possible when cleaning!
I'll go one further - NEVER TOUCH THE CAR AT ALL, UNLESS YOU ARE FLOODING THE CAR WITH A HOSE OR RINSELESS...NO MORE QUICK DETAILER!!! AND WASHER CLEAN MITT or MICROFIBERS SOPPING WET...PM me with your email if you want an easy step by step method to clean without a hose...and do it better...Quick detailer after washing ok....but not for "spot cleaning"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts