Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice I have been offered a build date, but only if I'd opt for a solid color roof. I ordered a carbon fiber roof and do not want a solid torch red roof. It hurts to turn down the offer, but I think I should hold out and get what I want: Torch Red, Carbon Fiber interior and roof, Kalahari interior, black wheels, red calipers. 2LT, Z51 Modified Exhaust, and 6-speed paddle shift. Yep, I gotta have it. I did, however, get a notice that my personal plate has been made... C7 Torch. Ahhhhh!

Reactions: i10fwy and maddog

·
18,670 Posts
If you are like many of us, you will keep the car for a good time period. And if you were to "settle" now, every time you saw a Corvette that was like yours, but had the exposed CF roof, you would feel sorry you had compromised to get it roughly two months or so sooner.

I admire your waiting and getting exactly what you want. TorchRedC7, this is your car and commend you for waiting for it:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Torch Red that is one hot car... We have all waited a long time. My car is at 3300 and I am hoping this Z51 constraint doesnt hold my car up! I want my car the way I want it and I will wait for it!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Twice I have been offered a build date, but only if I'd opt for a solid color roof. I ordered a carbon fiber roof and do not want a solid torch red roof. It hurts to turn down the offer, but I think I should hold out and get what I want: Torch Red, Carbon Fiber interior and roof, Kalahari interior, black wheels, red calipers. 2LT, Z51 Modified Exhaust, and 6-speed paddle shift. Yep, I gotta have it. I did, however, get a notice that my personal plate has been made... C7 Torch. Ahhhhh!
I too, admire your conviction. I was not married to the C2Z it when I ordered. To be honest, the dealer staff told me it was cool and probably add a bit to the value when/if it was time to resell. In my naivite, I said 'sure, put book it.' Ironic. Had I just kept the original standard roof, I'd now be posting on to the logbook thread. I'm considering the switch and only wish my local dealer would get the ok to make the change.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The painted roof is also Carbon Fiber. I did go painted and figure I can allways pick up a carbon or glass roof later. Yes, get what you want, don't settle

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I saw the cf roof yesterday...it is really nice...but not nice enuf to wait.....and for those that are forced into the transparent top and worried about it getting hot, plastidip the underside until they make a shade for it...solved....

·
Administrator
16,504 Posts
I saw the cf roof yesterday...it is really nice...but not nice enuf to wait.....and for those that are forced into the transparent top and worried about it getting hot, plastidip the underside until they make a shade for it...solved....
I chose the transparent top. On my XTS I had them install a clear sun shield when they tinted the rest of the windows. It has an enormous sun roof and the clear heat rejection film really helped cut the heat level in the car. I plan on doing the same with RedHot after I drive it back from the Museum.:cool:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I like visible CF but don't think it's the end all. I would have been perfectly had I ordered the crystal red roof, way way back in July. Fact is, since I suddenly appear to be stuck in 'constaint hell', I may start over. My current dealer is out of allocation so I may go to someone who has proven to be very reliable. I already had an encourageing conversation with him and will probably pull the trigger on Monday. I like my current salesman, personally, but he has just been a go-between with the inventory guy and, as I spouted many times, communication stinks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts