Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
3 different appearance packages, Z07 package being the most aggressive. Took screen shots of video from YouTube so no one keeps going back for reference.

In the three design pictures below, the top one is the Stage 3 (Z07), the next one down is the Stage 2, and the bottom one is the Stage 1 (standard/basic/no aero option) Z06.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
What about the Pearl Nickel wheels?

·
18,670 Posts
What about the Pearl Nickel wheels?
Pearl Nickel Wheels = Silver Wheels. Same wheels (identical) except for what may be a temporary or permanent name change. We will see if this is a permanent name change when the dealer order books come out in/around late August/September (perhaps sooner). They are the wheels on the Shark Gray and the Silver convertibles we have been seeing.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Pearl Nickel Wheels = Silver Wheels. Same wheels (identical) except for what may be a temporary or permanent name change. We will see if this is a permanent name change when the dealer order books come out in/around late August/September (perhaps sooner). They are the wheels on the Shark Gray and the Silver convertibles we have been seeing.
Thank you for the clarification, John. I find their color so visually pleasing!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look fantastic up close!
Which one do you prefer? I like the Z07 package the best but don't really like the huge spoiler in the black with the clear adjustable. I put a deposit on it yesterday. Trading the stingray.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
18,670 Posts
We do a lot of long distance driving in our Corvettes. Due to the Stage 3/Z07 option having much firmer suspension bushings, increased firmness in its MSRC system, Michelin Pilot Cup 2 tires, and bigger sway bars, Chief Designer Kirk Bennion said he would not want to do an eight hour drive in a Z07. Unless you want to competitively track your Z06, as you asked, I recommend Stage 1 or Stage 2 version.

Regarding your comments about the big rear deck spoiler, with the exception of the removable the clear center spoiler piece (removable via nuts and bolts), both the Stage 2 and the Stage 3 Z06 spoilers are identical -- and both have, in some folks' perspective, an "in your face" race-car appearing spoiler. Unless you do occasional tracking of your car, and/or legal high speed cornering where you want the increased downforce, the Stage 1 has, a much, calmer, not-so-overpowering deck spoiler than either Stages 2 or 3.

Conversely, when going from a Stage 1 to a Stage 2, your downforce increases by 400%. Personally, we will be going with a Stage 2.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Guys it's nice to see your efforts to teach us more about aero kind.

For me it will be the number 2 with these additions I love fibrede carbon front splitter and rocker panel and gives him a proud and competitive pace, I think the type of bodywork that type 1 rocker pannel there not change and it lacks the pace.

We'll have you looking forward to getting behind the stering wheel of the Z06 ...: Cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts