Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced this having leather starting to come unglued? Called the dealer today and he said he will order a new dash, that does not make me happy cause taking this dash off will probably introduce squeaks and noises that I don't have as of yet. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yah that is looking pretty bad. Mine is not having an issue nor any others I have seen. Don't worry about squeaks that have not even happened yet. More than likely that will be the end of it.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Steve, I've never seen a dash that has had this problem, I think your the first forum member to report this problem. Keep us updated on how they square away this situation.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had fading and getting new dash today...sucks
Adummy let me know how long it takes, my dealer said he has not had to replace a dash yet and will need the car for 1 week? WTF

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most time was ordering it and expecting it... They ordered last Monday and arrived Tuesday.. They told me 2 days for tech to take everything apart and reinstall. . So im suppose to picj up end of day today or tomorrow. . Shouldn't need your car until dash arrives. . But if small dealership may be there first installing.. Will let you know how looks sounds after my inspection. .

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Adummy let me know how long it takes, my dealer said he has not had to replace a dash yet and will need the car for 1 week? WTF
Steve,

If I clearly understand the area from your picture, this is not actually an integral part of the dash, but rather on a trim piece on the dash. As such, it is extremely simple to change, and can be done rather quickly.

First, please confirm that the defect is on the trim piece. To do this, compare the location of the defect to many of the pictures of the trim in other cars (with the red or gray interior, for example). If your defect is in an area which is either red or gray on cars with the 3LT or 3LZ interiors that color, then it is indeed on the simple-to-change dash trim piece instead of the difficult-to-change main dash.

Finally, you can find a youtube video of someone removing that simple-to-change dash trim piece. It is one of the preliminary steps required to switch to the FAY carbon fiber instrument panel surround. See https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SlG75ze2Udc from the 47 second mark to the 1 minute 11 second mark.

Easy, easy, easy, easy to do. It should be fast, and the probability of getting a squeak from this change should be really small.

On the other hand, it appears that adummy2900's defect location really is on the main dash piece, and would be SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult and time-consuming to change, as it would require taking an enormous amount of the interior apart, I am afraid (I am sorry, adummy2900 - I hope I am wrong).

Best wishes Steve!

·
Registered
609 Posts
That's the batwing. Simple to replace since it pops right off.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Dude, where ya been? Get your C7 yet?
Work and life have kept me busy.

I still lurk occasionally.

I just could not let a dealership jerk Steve around like that. He is a really good guy (you are, too).

I don't have a C7, yet. I made up my mind that having tightly integrated cell phone capabilities with Google Maps/Real Time Traffic on the car's display was a requirement for me. It looks like Android Auto will be available in March, so the C7 will become an option again.

I love the new Spice Red interior, by the way. Hum...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Working with Irvine Chevrolet (I recognized the Courtyard in the background)? If so, have they been responsive?
No I hate Irvine Chevrolet, bunch of jerks, i go to Selman Chevrolet in Orange

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve,

If I clearly understand the area from your picture, this is not actually an integral part of the dash, but rather on a trim piece on the dash. As such, it is extremely simple to change, and can be done rather quickly.

First, please confirm that the defect is on the trim piece. To do this, compare the location of the defect to many of the pictures of the trim in other cars (with the red or gray interior, for example). If your defect is in an area which is either red or gray on cars with the 3LT or 3LZ interiors that color, then it is indeed on the simple-to-change dash trim piece instead of the difficult-to-change main dash.

Finally, you can find a youtube video of someone removing that simple-to-change dash trim piece. It is one of the preliminary steps required to switch to the FAY carbon fiber instrument panel surround. See https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SlG75ze2Udc from the 47 second mark to the 1 minute 11 second mark.

Easy, easy, easy, easy to do. It should be fast, and the probability of getting a squeak from this change should be really small.

On the other hand, it appears that adummy2900's defect location really is on the main dash piece, and would be SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult and time-consuming to change, as it would require taking an enormous amount of the interior apart, I am afraid (I am sorry, adummy2900 - I hope I am wrong).

Best wishes Steve!
Rodney, you are correct, whew that is a big relief thanks for pointing this out. :cool:

Reactions: Vigilance247

·
Registered
633 Posts
I wonder if the lesser trims are susceptible to this? FL sun/heat kills interiors & exteriors, both over time.

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
I wonder if the lesser trims are susceptible to this? FL sun/heat kills interiors & exteriors, both over time.
RedHot (2LT) is still in excellent shape after 2 years (as of a week from today) in the desert heat here. However, most of the time she is parked in the sun I put up the reflective HeatShield on the interior of the windshield.:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dash is coming up by the vent on top of the dash who do I talk to to get this fix or can it be replace and how much does it cost

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
My dash is coming up by the vent on top of the dash who do I talk to to get this fix or can it be replace and how much does it cost
Welcome to our forum. What year is your C7?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts