Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
204 Posts
For what it worth. I once read that Sonax Leather foam cleaner conditioner will help prevent the peel up. I apply it to the dash every couple of months and so far no peel up after 4 years. It says it has beeswax in it. Not sure if that has anything to do with helping it not peel up.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I realize this is an older post with a few recent additions. And I do not have the problem with my 22,000 mile, 5 year old C7. However, it got me wondering if there isn't some kind of fix short of dash removal available. My thinking is that one might be able to use something like a hypodermic needle to inconspicuously inject some glue under the problem area, maybe through one of the stitching holes. I am guessing that whatever adhesive was used is failing; perhaps one could replace it and have it last a while longer. Is such a fix possible? --Bob

Reactions: jsvette

·
Administrator
16,495 Posts
I realize this is an older post with a few recent additions. And I do not have the problem with my 22,000 mile, 5 year old C7. However, it got me wondering if there isn't some kind of fix short of dash removal available. My thinking is that one might be able to use something like a hypodermic needle to inconspicuously inject some glue under the problem area, maybe through one of the stitching holes. I am guessing that whatever adhesive was used is failing; perhaps one could replace it and have it last a while longer. Is such a fix possible? --Bob
I think that is a good suggestion Bob, with a caveat: I would not do that if the dash covering issue is over the airbag (passenger side) area. Like you, I have not had any problem with RedHot's dash and it is about 7 1/2 years old.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well GM rep called me Thursday for cost assistance to replace my dash and Friday the dealer call to set up appointment to take it in I will have to call him back Monday so I can get a car until they fix it hope it don't cost too much.
Also getting the upgrade on the magnetic ride

·
Registered
156 Posts
The original post is old but seeing others experiencing this currently. When I had my C7 in a upholstery shop to upgrade the seat skins, they had a C7 with this problem. There was a mobile windshield truck pulling the windshield so the upholstery shop could have the best access to repair the dash. This dash was in rough shape.

I always use a sunshade if I'm parking outdoors for any length of time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well GM called me again today and they are going to replace my dash and pay 50% of the cost anyone know how much that is.
I told them to go ahead keep the car until its done I feel a lot belter knowing that its now getting fix

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a number for a GM rep to call to get things moving if you want they are doing mine this week
Dose anyone know how much dose it cost to replace it so I have some what of a idea

21 - 28 of 28 Posts