Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am finally getting my detached garage built and will be installing a 4 post lift. Right now I am looking at the BendPak HD-99XL and would like to know if anyone has this lift or any BendPak reviews. I want the extra length and rating to be able to lift my Silverado HD as well as car storage during the winter.

It can been seen on their web site if you are not familiar with it.

Thank you for any information you can provide

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bought this from Greg Smith. Its the Atlas Garage Pro 8000 EXt. Its rated at 8,000lbs but did enough creaking when I put my 1/2ton pickup on it that I decided not to do it again with the truck. It was new at the time and maybe what I heard was the cables taking a set for the first time. I don't know. BUT, it will lift the Vette and my 70 Cuda like notihng is even on it. LOVE IT !!! I got the optional sliding jack for jacking up vehicle to remove tires which is what you see hanging down. You need drip trays whether you have a 4 or 2 post.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Ken, I take it your detached garage is going to be a good size in height to lift your Silverado HD, how many stalls will it have?

SF
Rick

·
Registered
706 Posts
IMO, a 4 poster is good for some things, but a 2 post is better if you you are working on the car. With a 4 poster you are going to need bridge jacks and drip trays, at a minimum.

If you're just using it for storage, I'd save some money and buy something less expensive, (in reality, all lifts are made by about 4 companies), and spend more on the floor and walls. I'm sure bendpac is well made, but is it $1000-1500 better if you aren't repairing cars all day? If you are really using it for storage, I'd definitely something cheaper and get the trays and jacks...

I installed a generic floor plate 2 post floor plate lift about 10 years ago, and it's worked very well. I had to get the floorplate lift because I needed 12' plus ceilings to get a clear floor lift, and only had 140".

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Reactions: Nitro C7

·
Registered
217 Posts
4 post you can move and you don't have to get down on your knees to locate the arms under the vehicle is why I got what I did.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is. It will have one 50' stall for the 5th wheel and a double car double deep for the play area. And the car area will have 12 foot ceilings.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ken, I take it your detached garage is going to be a good size in height to lift your Silverado HD, how many stalls will it have?

SF
Rick
Reply below.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Yes it is. It will have one 50' stall for the 5th wheel and a double car double deep for the play area. And the car area will have 12 foot ceilings.
Ken, post those pictures during the construction phase, what type of deck are you going with?

SF
Rick

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ken, post those pictures during the construction phase, what type of deck are you going with?

SFw
Rick
Deck? I am assuming you want to know what type of floor? Currently I am going with a finished smooth, flat floor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Danmar lift
Specifications

Lifting Capacity:7,000 lbs. / 5443 kg.
Overall Width:117" / 2972 mm.
Outside Length:194-1/2" / 4940 mm.
Overall Length:227-1/2" / 5779 mm.
Height Columns:94" / 2388 mm.
Minimum Runway Height:4-1/2" / 114 mm.
Maximum Rise:80" / 2159 mm.
Maximum Lifting Height:84.5" / 2146.29 mm.
Width Between Columns:103" / 2616 mm.
Runway Width:18-1/2" / 470 mm.
Width Between Runways:37-1/2" / 953 mm.
Runway Centerline:57" / 1447.8 mm.
Outside Edge of Runways:74-1/2" / 1892.3 mm.
Drive-Thru Clearance:80" / 2032 mm.
Length of Runways:185" / 4699 mm.
Locking Positions:13
Lock Spacing:Every 4-1/2" / 114 mm.
Lifting Time:45 Seconds
Standard Motor:110 VAC 60Hz. 1Ph
Shipping Weight (lbs):1722
Options

IMG_5263.JPG

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi everyone, thought I would update you with some pictures of the detached project.
The framing is done, the roof is on and they are starting siding today. I have to say, this thing is huge! z1.JPG z2.JPG z3.JPG z4.JPG z5.JPG

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a TItan. Change the oil on my 1500 Suburban with it on an regular basis. Used for car storage the rest of the time..

IMG_1268.JPG
FullSizeRender (5).jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have had a BendPak for nearly eight years now with no issues. Back then I did extensive research and decided on the BP even though it was more expensive than the few "entry level" lifts out there which I'm sure are fine also. That's my opinion...would only by a BP again.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,616 Posts
Ken, you have your priorities in the right place, wow, what a set up, I'm sure it will look great, looking forward to the finished pics.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Goggle BackYard Buddy and watch their video's. They do some good comparisons with other designs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts