Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you financed with this option. My dealer is telling me it's a must. I'm sure it's not though... Is this $495 option worth it? I know I can find a good detailer or just do this myself and save some money. Please advise...

Ness

·
Registered
371 Posts
I recommend expel ultimate for paint protection. Just got installed today, not sure what the dealer uses but probably a 3m product.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Not worth it most likely it's nothing more than a fancy wax, pure profit maker for your dealer.

·
Registered
10,418 Posts
Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you financed with this option. My dealer is telling me it's a must. I'm sure it's not though... Is this $495 option worth it? I know I can find a good detailer or just do this myself and save some money. Please advise...

Ness
Then tell him you must leave without the car.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Definitely did not need that...just another way they take money from the buyer. And they do it a lot!

·
Registered
810 Posts
I declined all those dealer offered programs. Almost went with the tire/wheel protection, glad I changed my mind. Instead, I am sticking 50 bucks a month automatically into an account just for new tires. By the time I need new tires, I should have enough in the fund to cover them, less shock to system! If I have to take money out of there for a damaged tire/wheel, so be it. No damage, and I have the money to buy new tires. Win/Win, no arguing about what a plan covers and doesn't cover.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I declined all those dealer offered programs. Almost went with the tire/wheel protection, glad I changed my mind. Instead, I am sticking 50 bucks a month automatically into an account just for new tires. By the time I need new tires, I should have enough in the fund to cover them, less shock to system! If I have to take money out of there for a damaged tire/wheel, so be it. No damage, and I have the money to buy new tires. Win/Win, no arguing about what a plan covers and doesn't cover.
Good decision!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again everyone. I have a date with the dealership tomorrow. I'll tell my salesman that I verified that this package is not mandatory... and I'll wash or detail my car elsewhere. I'll let you guys know the outcome. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I'm planning on following Glen's process to a tee. I got your info Glen, but I'll be calling you in a couple weeks once the car gets here for further details and clarification.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello all,

I was able to remove the paint protection. It was 695$, not 495$ heh. So what is it exactly? Is it just a chemical they put on the car like a wax or detail? I will be searching for a good place in Miami that can do it. Let me know what's my options.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
go here to sully's dertailng - has his own forum under vendors - in s fla...

the polymer they were putting on cost them about $50 and put on by a min wage worker = disaster

but brace yourself, a good coating is 8-9 hours work getting the surface correct and then 250 or so for the coating it's all of $700 easy but the look and durability are second to none

google opti coat pro or cquartz finest

if you don't want a coating and want a good sealant I can give you step by step directions that many others have used - no PM, email me at [email protected] and your car can look like this in 4-5 hours for $150 or so...even a novice

two guys that followed my directions exactly:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-...-c7-a-nice-wash-and-polish-thanks-glen-e.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-general-discussion/3455827-detailed-nrb-c7-thanks-glen-e.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
go here to sully's dertailng - has his own forum under vendors - in s fla...

the polymer they were putting on cost them about $50 and put on by a min wage worker = disaster

but brace yourself, a good coating is 8-9 hours work getting the surface correct and then 250 or so for the coating it's all of $700 easy but the look and durability are second to none

google opti coat pro or cquartz finest

if you don't want a coating and want a good sealant I can give you step by step directions that many others have used - no PM, email me at [email protected] and your car can look like this in 4-5 hours for $150 or so...even a novice

two guys that followed my directions exactly:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-...-c7-a-nice-wash-and-polish-thanks-glen-e.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-general-discussion/3455827-detailed-nrb-c7-thanks-glen-e.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glen, thanks for the detailed message. I will pm you shortly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts