Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting this thread for those who are affected with the QC hold. Lets try to keep each other updated on news and info. Does anyone know whats really going on? Seems like all recent builts are being held.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I went from queued for production to shipped/en route on Friday morning, so this may only affect cars built on 5/2 and on since mine has shipped.

·
18,670 Posts
Starting this thread for those who are affected with the QC hold. Lets try to keep each other updated on news and info. Does anyone know whats really going on? Seems like all recent builts are being held.
Couple of thoughts. First, several cars have indicated they were on hold, yet dealers surprised their customers and said, "it's here," so I would not put much credence on your hold status. Second, let us assume that in your case your car is actually on hold, being pulled for a special twenty-five hour customer quality audit. In this CQA, the team takes your car on a special eight mile ride, listens for squeaks and rattles, notes anything that is not just right, and then a five member team goes over your car to fix any/all things found. Additionally, they inspect and adjust all panels gaps, re-examine the paint and go through a long list of things to insure your car meets all current production assembly specs. Had a CQA on my current Z06 and would love to be again randomly picked for one for my 2015 Z.

Yes, waiting sucks and every day seems like a month. Sorry about that. If your car is getting a CQA, personally would consider yourself extra, extra lucky, and by the time you've had it for a few months, all the extra time spend on extra QC will have long faded, and might have resulted in your avoiding a trip or two to your dealer...

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Mine was at 4D00 for about two weeks after production was completed at BG in Feb 2014. I am pretty certain that was a period used to get a full truckload shipment to my area (mid-atlantic). At that time somebody posted on this forum that the transport agreement with the carriers calls for a specified period (two or three weeks) to attempt to accumulate a truckload but if a truckload can't be attained during that time then the carrier has to transport with a less than truckload. My dealer told me that my C7 was the only vehicle on the car carrier when it was delivered to the dealer.

So I believe the delay is caused by waiting for transport.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couple of thoughts. First, several cars have indicated they were on hold, yet dealers surprised their customers and said, "it's here," so I would not put much credence on your hold status. Second, let us assume that in your case your car is actually on hold, being pulled for a special twenty-five hour customer quality audit. In this CQA, the team takes your car on a special eight mile ride, listens for squeaks and rattles, notes anything that is not just right, and then a five member team goes over your car to fix any/all things found. Additionally, they inspect and adjust all panels gaps, re-examine the paint and go through a long list of things to insure your car meets all current production assembly specs. Had a CQA on my current Z06 and would love to be again randomly picked for one for my 2015 Z.

Yes, waiting sucks and every day seems like a month. Sorry about that. If your car is getting a CQA, personally would consider yourself extra, extra lucky, and by the time you've had it for a few months, all the extra time spend on extra QC will have long faded, and might have resulted in your avoiding a trip or two to your dealer...
Great info! Thanks, an explanation I been finally looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I'm also at the 4D00 status 5/02 build.
I hope elegant is correct.
As to the full truckload idea, my dealer (Detroit area ) told me they rail ship them to Flint MI then truck them back south to Detriot area, so who knows what make of that..?

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,671 Posts
I wouldn't put too much faith in that online Chevy Order Tracking site, I went from Queued For Production right to Shipped/En Route bypassing Production Complete with a 4D00 at this time. Go figure.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't put too much faith in that online Chevy Order Tracking site, I went from Queued For Production right to Shipped/En Route bypassing Production Complete with a 4D00 at this time. Go figure.
Same thing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

Same here

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same thing for me.
My car was built Wednesday 5/7 and went directly to 4D00, where it's been since (just checked this afternoon). The Order Tracking site shows Shipped/En Route.
We are having sunny weather in the Pacific Northwest for a change, and I am getting anxious.

Reactions: STUNG

·
Registered
211 Posts
Same thing for me.
My car was built Wednesday 5/7 and went directly to 4D00, where it's been since (just checked this afternoon). The Order Tracking site shows Shipped/En Route.
We are having sunny weather in the Pacific Northwest for a change, and I am getting anxious.
PNW huh? Whereabouts? I'm in portland hoping to get my car here real soon too.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
elegant was right (Thank you for bringing me good luck):) after tracking my order and being in jail at 4d00 (tracked today in the afternoon) she actually arrived today!! all info on the tracking is not 100% accurate. happiest day ever..shes beautiful.
photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hey GunGramps:
I liked yours because I am in Van. BC waiting for mine and it is about to be built. I hope it is as fast as yours was. I think ours (yours and mine) would be shipped via rail meaning about a 5 to 10 day trip across the country. Mine has to go to Windsor and then shunted to CP rail and across. at least 10 days. Enjoy when yours arrives.

·
Registered
18 Posts
PNW huh? Whereabouts? I'm in portland hoping to get my car here real soon too.
I'm right across the river in Vancouver. Hoping to see my baby around the first of June. Who is your delivering dealer??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey GunGramps:
I liked yours because I am in Van. BC waiting for mine and it is about to be built. I hope it is as fast as yours was. I think ours (yours and mine) would be shipped via rail meaning about a 5 to 10 day trip across the country. Mine has to go to Windsor and then shunted to CP rail and across. at least 10 days. Enjoy when yours arrives.
I am in the "other Vancouver" south of you about 300 miles. Yes, it is my understanding that Chevrolet is shipping all cars to the West Coast via rail. Unfortunately it takes from 1 to 3 weeks transit time once it is finally shipped. Now that my car is built, it has become even harder to wait.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
elegant was right (Thank you for bringing me good luck):) after tracking my order and being in jail at 4d00 (tracked today in the afternoon) she actually arrived today!! all info on the tracking is not 100% accurate. happiest day ever..shes beautiful.
Check the mileage, if it's more than 8 it probably got the extra special QC treatment ;)

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm right across the river in Vancouver. Hoping to see my baby around the first of June. Who is your delivering dealer??
Nice! Carr Chevrolet in Beaverton is doing my courtesy delivery. As of last morning my car was traveling via rail through Illinois:)

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Nice! Carr Chevrolet in Beaverton is doing my courtesy delivery. As of last morning my car was traveling via rail through Illinois:)
Stanton, that is great news! Congratulations on your progress!

Reactions: stanton

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,671 Posts
My dealer says it was just released from QC last night, should be getting loaded up and sent on its way. I'm probably looking at a week to 10 days.......maybe.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts